Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Decorating the tree....

After days of waiting and begging to get the ornaments out, the boys finally got to decorate the tree tonight. I'm pretty protective of my ornament boxes (don't want the boxes destroyed) so I take the ornaments out and the boys then get to decide where to put them on the tree - with a little help from Daddy. Of course, I enjoy thinking about each ornament as I hand them to the boys but they don't care about that stuff just yet. They do however enjoy their ornaments and putting the ones they made on the tree. This year, the tree was mostly about the boys and the ornaments they wanted to put on the tree. We had a few select ones to represent me, Tim, Miss Belle and pre-Eli/Cole life but we mostly let the boys decide what they wanted. Our ornaments have evolved over the years and the "important" ones change each year but what doesn't change is our tree is filled with wonderful memories. 

 With their new ornaments - football for Eli and soccer ball for Cole
 Placing the ornaments
 Cole kept going for the same branch (not this exact location) so Tim had to help get his ornaments higher on the tree. 
 All finished!
 All pretty and aglow
 I busted Cole 
taking a BITE out of one of last year's cinnamon ornaments. Hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment