Saturday, December 14, 2013

Basketball game #6

Today's matchup - Game 6 - Nuggets vs. Nets. 

I just love watching all these 1st graders play basketball. Obviously, some of the kids are better than others but they are ALL full of heart. And the "better" ones pass to and play with the "less better" ones and they work together as a team. I must say that the Nuggets are one heck of a defensive powerhouse. They are really good at their zone defense and if there was a shot clock, they would have earned a LOT of turnovers this season. It took a while today for the offense to get going I think five different players scored! I'm pretty sure, even though score was not kept, this was another victory by our little Nuggets (they call themselves the Chicken Nuggets!). Saturday basketball season has been so much fun!

Always Pledge of Allegiance before the game
A fun group in - AJ, Hunter, Eli and Anthony - I think Morgan was the other player. 
Our little guard  =)
R-E-B-O-U-N-D!
Look at that intense defense
No idea who scored here but LOVE Eli's celebration for his teammates. 
I remember this...."good game, good game"
His Mean face
I mandated quiet time b/c of the craziness and Mr. "I don't want to take a rest" fell asleep reading a book. So cute!
And these two.....they were more than happy to comply with rest time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment