Friday, December 7, 2007

Week 1 - a success

Well, we survived Week 1 of daycare and back to work. On all accounts, I think we can deem it a success. Tim & I have developed a routine for each night and tag-team getting everything ready for the next day. We alternate who puts Eli to bed each night and also who gets up in the middle of the night should it be necessary. It's kind of funny because we didn't exactly say "you do this and I'll do that", it just worked out and we fell into a pattern. One that I think we're both comfortable with and it doesn't put all the burden on one person. Eli has, of course, been going to bed very easily. He is tuckered out each night after an exciting day of school. He seems really happy when we drop him off and really happy when we pick him up (and I think he grows during that time too!). In between, he has gotten lots of attention, interaction and activity to keep him busy. He has been eating well and is starting to nap at school much better. I still cannot say enough about his sweet sweet teachers. We love them already and are so glad for the work that they do. It was hard enough for me with one in the house but a room of 7?!

Work went well for me this week. I swear it was like I never left. I fell back into the swing of things very quickly. Things are as busy as ever and I try to be really focused when I'm at work so I can focus on Tim & Eli when I get home. I feel like being a Mom is making me more well rounded. I still love my job but refuse to be the same workaholic I was before. I did learn a few things during my time off!

Tim & I still don't have the exercise routine worked out. We're going to make some changes over the Christmas holiday that we hope will allow us some time for that. We do try to get out for a family walk each night if time permits as it's great to get Eli out and walk and talk about our day.

Oh yeah, lastly, Eli is getting some sniffles. He has a super stuffy nose so I imagine he's getting a cold. We're trying to use the "booger sucker" to keep the ooze to a minimum but we'll see what happens. I feel so bad for him because he just sounds pitiful. He's not acting fussy or sick or anything but he is Mr. Stuffy Head.

Mom (Grandma) is coming to see us in the morning and we're going to take Eli to see Santa Claus. My company Christmas party is also tomorrow night so Grandma is going to hang with the little one for a bit so we can make an appearance. We hope to have a fun relaxing weekend. Hope you do too!!

1 comment:

  1. If you need advice about colds, sniffles, and the other ailments of daycare that we lovingly refer to as "kennel cough," let me know. I'm an old pro now...unfortunately!

    ReplyDelete