Monday, December 24, 2007

First Christmas

(Finally I’m able to write…..)

Tim’s parents came up to visit us on the 16th to celebrate Christmas with us. It would be our “First Christmas” celebration of several.

Grandma and Grandpa came up from Morehead City on Sunday, presents in tow. We had a fun afternoon hanging out with them. While Eli took his afternoon nap, Tim & I showed them my ‘Guitar Hero’ alter-ego. It was pretty fun and I even did a few songs on the Medium setting (bye-bye to Easy!!). Once Eli got up from his nap, we played Christmas and exchanged gifts. I was very excited to give Grandma & Grandpa their gift from Eli. Before I went back to work, Eli & I went to Amazing Glaze to make pottery. I only showed the mug on the blog but we really went to make Christmas ornaments for the Grandparents. We made ones with his handprint on them – so cute! Tim’s parents loved it. Then it was time for Eli to open his presents. It was fun trying to help him take off the wrapping paper. I’m sure that next year he’ll know exactly what to do! A very nice family dinner later and we were all pooped and ready for bed. Grandma & Grandpa spent the night to have a little more time with Eli.

We really enjoyed their visit and appreciate them coming up to see us. They left last week to go to Florida for a few months, visiting Tim’s brother and family and also escaping the cold! We hope they have fun down there and have safe travels. We look forward to seeing them when they get back.






No comments:

Post a Comment