Monday, December 24, 2007

A Night without Mommy

Last Thursday, I had to travel to Atlanta for work. I was part of a team presenting on a $90 million construction project. While it was very exciting for me, I was also nervous about being away from my boys. I dropped Eli off at daycare on Thursday and headed to the airport. Once in Atlanta, it was “game on” for the presentation. I finally talked to Tim about 9pm and he was doing well without me. Eli had been fussy during bath time but Tim handled it all. I had the great fortune of a full night’s sleep in a big hotel bed all by myself. I didn’t know what to do! Tim called me Friday morning and I was happy to hear that he & Eli had had a good night – only one nighttime awakening at 3am. Our presentation went well (at least I think it did, we won’t hear until January) and I was lucky enough to catch an earlier flight back and get home to my boys. While it wasn’t Tim’s ideal situation – a night of single dad – he did great. He’s such an awesome Daddy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment