Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Two weekends, one post - finally catching up

I can not believe I am so far behind! Life has been so crazy busy and had me going non-stop. Let me see if I can remember what we've been up to - fortunately I usually take lots of pictures (but that has even suffered lately, unimaginable!!).

Two weekends ago - 12/3 weekend. Saturday morning Carol & Ryan came over to decorate Gingerbread trains with Eli & myself. We did it last year and had so much fun doing it that it deserved a repeat. The boys did pretty well but Eli was much more interested in eating the candies than decorating his train. At one point, the boys were running around crazy and Carol & I were left doing the decorating. I think we could easily be happy baking and decorating on our own - it was probably more fun for us than the boys! Saturday after nap, we had fun in the SNOW. Eli & Cole were so surprised to see the snow when they woke up. We spent some time outside and enjoyed playing in it.

Eli & Ryan making gingerbread trains.
Carol & Ryan
Mommy & Eli
Finished product - I thought the marshmellow snowmen and teddy graham carolers were a great touch.
First snow of the season - it was quite a surprise.
Cole - just being cute Cole in the snow.
Eli had fun driving his dump truck through the snow (yes the pool dump truck! It's quite versatile.)
Cole had fun playing with the yard toys as well.
Mommy & Cole - such sweetness.
Mommy & Daddy self portrait.

I couldn't resist taking a picture of this gorgeous tree.
Eli & I had a fun snowball fight.
Boys in winter hats - LOVE the hats.

We also worked on decorating our Christmas tree that Elfie Jim delivered. It was a multi-day process. First the lights - colored this year - went on. Over 1,000 of them. Then a few days later, we worked on hanging ornaments. I opted not to put all of our ornaments on but rather make the tree about the boys. It has mostly their ornaments with just a few of mine & Tim's favorites. Eli & Cole loved helping decorate. I unboxed the ornaments, Cole took them to Daddy and Eli helped hang when he felt like it.

Checking out the lights
1st ornament on the tree - this year's Woody & Buzz ornament
Cole delivering the next ornament to Daddy.
My boys decorating

During the week, I couldn't resist taking a shot of Cole during one of his mini floor tantrums. His tantrums don't last long because he quickly realizes they are ineffective on us. A major drawback of being 2nd child!

Last week was a blur. I did a quick day trip for work, worked a lot and we survived. We all were fighting some icky almost-sick thing. Didn't put us out of commission but made life a little tough.

This past weekend was not a great weather weekend so we had another indoor weekend and got a little stir crazy. Eli & I worked on some great sugar cookies (ok I think they turned out great, I've been practicing making pretty decorated sugar cookies). He enjoyed helping me mix things up and he also got to sift flour for the first time. Yes we made a nice little mess in the kitchen! The boys were especially happy to taste test for me. Other weekend activities - we did trips to the Y, ran some errands, tried to stay dry and warm during the cold rain, battled to get naps, battled to maintain sanity and we did it!

Mommy's baking helper
Decorating his two snowflake cookies.
Adding sprinkles
Showing off his masterpiece before it disappeared.
Cole checking out my handiwork - notice the dab of icing on the corner of his mouth?
Some of the final products.

No comments:

Post a Comment