Sunday, December 26, 2010

Santa Claus came to town

Christmas morning was so much fun! I remember how my brother & I used to try to peek and see what Santa had brought us. Eli & Cole aren't quite there yet but I know one day they will be.

Somehow we were fortunate enough to stay in bed until 7am - a Christmas gift to Tim & I if there ever was one!! As soon as Cole got up, Eli did too and it was time to see if Santa had come to town. Well, he most definitely did!! The boys loved checking out their goodies and playing with them. Eli was thrilled to see that Santa had brought him his "truck crane" and Cole loved his four-wheel scooter. After the boys played for a while, we exchanged gifts with my family. It was a lot of fun opening presents and seeing that everyone loved their gifts. Christmas isn't supposed to be all about the gifts but I love giving presents to people and it's a great occasion to do just that!

We then had a nice family breakfast - again all together at the dining room table. The boys were more interested in playing than eating, who can blame them. We hung out with my family for a bit before they headed back home. Billy & Niki left first and then my parents, after getting some more grandbaby love, left as well. Tim & I were fortunate enough to get simultaneous naps from the boys so we relaxed a bit. After naps, we got everyone outside for some fresh air and a walk. It was so nice.

All in all, it was a wonderful Christmas Day. I really loved doing our big dinner Christmas Eve so that we had more time as a family and more time to play on Christmas Day. I think I'll have to make that the norm.

Eli's load from Santa
Cole liked all his toys, especially the scooter bike
So fun Mommy!
This "truck crane" has been EVERYWHERE and trying to pick up / pull down everything. Eli loves it so much.
Eli had fun "cutting" Cole's basket of food.
Stockings have such goodies. Both boys loved them.
Eli had to give Cole's scooter bike a whirl.
Niki loved the pink Browning sweatshirt we got her.
Mom / Grandma loved her Shutterfly calendar. Now she can see her Grandboys ALL year long.
Tim was thrilled with the Speedy Bike Club Paris jersey that the boys gave him.
Eli & Cole had fun helping Tim open his big gift - a hitch for his truck. He was surprised!
Crane - EVERYWHERE! I had to intervene to keep the tree from getting pulled over - more than once.
Grandma & Grandpa love their Grandboys - we're so glad they came to visit and celebrate with us.
Eli had been trying to perfect headstands on the couch. Such my little monkey.
Cole in his cute sock monkey hat from the neighbors.
My big boys - so cute.
When making dinner, I looked in and the boys had climbed on the couch together with their pillow pals and were looking through the Toys R Us wish book. Guess they didn't get enough toys!
Eli couldn't wait to bite into the chocolate football Santa left for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment