Sunday, December 26, 2010

Snow Day - a white Christmas!

So last night when we took our family walk, we noticed that the clouds looked pretty full of snow. The weather reports have been calling for snow but these days, I don't believe it until I see it. The snow started before we went to bed last night and it snowed all night. We woke up to our yard covered with snow and would later end up with 6-1/2" to 7", more in some places. Mid morning we took the boys on a walk through the neighborhood then played in the yard and made a snowman. The boys had fun playing in the snow and also playing inside with their new toys.

Cole having breakfast, looking all cute in some new pjs.
All bundled up and ready to play (we did put gloves on him).
Daddy was pulling Cole on the sled and Cole loved it until.......
he fell over and went face first into the snow. He was SO not happy after that.
He wanted a better / more stable ride and was very happy when he got dusted off and Daddy put him on his shoulders.
Daddy and his boys walking down our road.
That face........
Eli took a turn being pulled on the sled.
Family self portrait - Eli wasn't interested in being in it so we tried with Cole.
I loved looking at and taking pictures of the pretty trees around the neighborhood.
Eli kept stopping to make snowballs and throw them at me.

My cute boys!!
I love them so.
Tim measured the snow on the picnic table in the back yard.
My little snow man. Eli wasn't much help, he preferred watching.
Me & my snow friend - yes Mom, those are Whoppers for his face. Didn't have anything else to use!
This afternoon I heard "Mom, come look I just cut my hair". Scary words especially when I saw a few locks on hair on the floor. You can kinda see in this picture the center of his head where he cut a piece out. At least it's not THAT bad.
Eli & I had some game time this afternoon while Tim & Cole ran to the grocery store. First up, Candy Land - Eli won three times.
Then Chutes & Ladders - only one time, Eli won. To be followed by a Lightning McQueen puzzle. Eli has gotten to where he likes tv a lot so we try to keep him busy and from watching too much of it.
Eli got a Text and Learn from his cousins in Florida. He loved playing with it. Lately we've been practicing words on my BlackBerry so this is a cool thing for him to play with. Who knew a 3 year old would experience QWERTY?

No comments:

Post a Comment