Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas at the Farm....and a mess of sick

This past weekend we headed down to the farm to celebrate Christmas with the Great-Grandparents and other extended family. We left Saturday around nap time and the boys did pretty well riding down. They napped for a while and then enjoyed some in-ride dvds. We first went to Huggy Grandma's house (my Dad's mom). The boys were ready to run around when they got out of the truck. It was great to see her as we've missed her the past two times we were down. Then it was off to my other Grandparents' house for dinner. Mom had been there all day cooking up a great feast. It was wonderful to see them and my aunts / uncles / cousins. The boys weren't interested in eating, although Cole was VERY interested in the green punch. My two aunts had gotten them Christmas presents so they were excited to have something to open and play with. They were all over the place! After dinner and as much running around as I could stand, we went to the farm to spend the night.

Saturday night was rough. I started feeling not-so-well and then my fever spiked to almost 102. My throat was hurting so I knew immediately that it was strep. We managed to make it through the night and I was on-line at 7am Sunday trying to find the nearest Urgent Care. The boys played with Grandma & Grandpa on the farm while Tim & I ran to Urgent Care. Turns out, I was right and had strep. I had them give me a shot of penicillin instead of a z-pak hoping that it would knock it out pretty quickly. I had such a hard time eating, drinking or even swallowing. Felt like knives in my throat. When we got back to my parents' house, the boys played a little more and we tried to get them to eat lunch. Then we loaded up and headed back home. The boys must have known that I wasn't feeling well because they were the best angels on the 3+ hour drive home - better than ever!

Once we got home, I found myself on the couch fast asleep. Tim took care of the boys Sunday night and pretty much for the next few days until I could get a little better. I missed work on Monday and half Tuesday, only going in because I had a deadline. Thankfully it was a pretty quiet week at work so it was no big deal. Wednesday I was still feeling pretty crummy - oh yeah, I must mention that I had pretty much quit eating other than a milkshake because it just hurt too bad - and had a huge fever blister outbreak so I made an appt with my doctor. Strep getting better, fever blisters needed some help so he gave me a prescription (which has worked wonders!). The same morning, Tim went to Urgent Care to discover that he also had strep. Seriously?!! They put him on a z-pak and he started feeling pretty good right away. He thankfully didn't get the extreme strep that I did, maybe I took the brunt of it for him. What a thoughtful wife I am. =) We're both on the mend now and feeling much better. The boys seem to be healthy as can be so we're being super careful not to give it to them.

What stinks the most is that I haven't been able to give anyone kisses all week. But I'm saving them up. They'd better watch out when I'm better!!

Cheeto boy watching a movie
Presents from Huggy Great-Grandma
Hugs from Huggy Great-Grandma
Eli & Cole rocking on Huggy Great-Grandma's front porch
Love my Huggy Grandma
At my other Grandparents, Cole loving the punch
At the dinner table with Great Grandma & Great Grandpa
A truck that makes noise - YAY!
Reading a Cars book
Cole got a truck too
My not-so-little-but-still-sweet little brother
Family photo with Great Grandma's tree
Love my Grandpa
And I love my Grandma
Uncle Billy & Cole being silly

No comments:

Post a Comment