Sunday, June 1, 2008

Can you imagine your 60th wedding anniversary?

This weekend we went down to the farm to celebrate Evia's grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary. Imagine how many ups and downs you've already been through in the years you've been married. Now imagine how many more to get to 60 years! My grandparents met at work and got married when they were 19 and 20. These days it is virtually unheard of for someone to get married that young and stay married. I asked my Grandpa about being married that long and he said that they had had their ups and downs but the hard times made the good ones so much better. I should totally remember that. Life can't always be perfect and it's the not so great times that make us appreciate the great ones. I asked him what advice he had for me. He told me to always be sweet and remember it's give and take. I'm sure that I'm like all little girls in that, to me, my Grandpa is the sweetest most handsome man on earth and I love him dearly.

We got to the farm about lunch on Saturday and my Mom was so excited to see Eli - it had been 5 whole weeks since she had seen him. Eli played for a bit and then we took a family nap. Tim & I lay down on the bed with him and had a good snooze. Then it was time to party! We had a great cookout to celebrate my Grandparents and were able to see family that we don't get to see every visit. Eli, of course, hammed it up and everyone just loved him.

Eli enjoyed spending time with his Grandma and Grandpa. My parents are so in love with their Grandson, I love it! Eli had fun feeding the goats and watching the cows. He also played with lots of toys and talked with Grandma and Grandpa. This morning, Grandma got out the tricycle and gave Eli rides around the living room. He just laughed and laughed. We definitely have an adrenalin junkie on our hands!!

It was a quick visit to the farm but we had a fun time. Great to see everyone but as always, it's great to get back home. Eli's in bed so time for us to reset for the week ahead. Hope everyone had a good weekend as well!



Evia, Eli & the guests of honor

Eli's first Camelbak bottle experience - he really liked it!

Eli didn't like his knees on the grass so he crawled on hands and feet

Eli at the farm looking for goats

Love my Grandma & Grandpa

This is a high chair that Eli's Great Great Grandfather made

Riding tricycle with Grandma - faster Grandma faster!

Uncle Billy - aren't we cute?

I decided to taste test my feet on the drive home. Don't worry - Mommy did feed me!

No comments:

Post a Comment