Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Blog-aversary

Wow, it was one year ago today that I started this blog. A year ago Tim & I had just come back from our 2nd anniversary trip to Little Switzerland and I was very pregnant. Amazing how much your life can change in one year (shoot even just a few days!).

So a year's worth of blogging begs the question......why? Why do I write so much? I have pondered this question over and over trying to think of the best answer. There are so many obvious and not so obvious reasons. Let's see if I can capture some of them.
  1. Blogging is a great way to keep friends and family (both near and far) up to date with what's going on in our life. And who am I kidding, as the blog title says it IS "Eli's World" and everyone is most concerned about what he's up to! And that's ok. =)
  2. It helps me preserve thoughts and memories. As I've written before, I used to be an avid scrapbooker. Well since Eli I haven't been able to do the first page so blogging allows me to capture what he's doing, important dates and how I felt at certain times. Hopefully soon I'll be able to make some scrapbook pages and use the blog to fill in details.
  3. It's easy. No doubt about it, keeping a blog is pretty darn easy. You just type and hit "Publish Post". It goes just about as fast as you can type.
  4. I have so much free time. Well, that's not exactly true but blogging does give me more free time. That may sound weird but go back to Item #1. I don't send out a million emails and flood people's in-boxes with pictures of Eli. And I know that none of them think I love them any less because of it. Actually we have friends and family mention that they look at this blog every day or almost every day.
  5. It's an outlet. Sometimes I need to vent (or brag) about what is going on. I have such a great network of friends and I get many off-blog emails of support. The comments are great too - everyone loves to get comments!

Those are just five reasons why I blog. I love my family and love sharing our adventures with you. Thanks for reading and keeping up with our family.

Here's to another year of fun and blogging!!

2 comments:

  1. I've been so out of touch. Hope you are well...or getting better. I'm having what you had, or something. Ahhh, zzzz. Tired. Goodnight. The last week in a nutshell right there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your day tomorrow!:)

    ReplyDelete