Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Two weeks already

I can't believe Eli was 2 weeks old yesterday. I guess when you spend the first week of your life in the hospital, the second one is a joy. We did an "unofficial" weigh in on our bathroom scale yesterday and the little guy weighs about 8-1/2 pounds right now. He's not quite up to his birth weight but he's moving in the right direction.

We've been trying to play some these days and did our first tummy time yesterday. I try to let him take a few good naps during the day but also take some shorter ones so he'll sleep at night. So far that is working out well. Today we did our first errand together. I had to ship a package so we ran down to the UPS store to do that. Granted it only involved going two miles down the road, five minutes in the store and then two miles back but we did well with it! Pretty soon, I'll be hitting the road with him going all over the place.

Not too much else to report. We're figuring out his routine and the sequence of events that make him happy. He's pretty predictable.....for now. Overall we've been blessed with a very happy baby who only cries when he's wet or hungry. He doesn't even get upset when he gets the hiccups. I personally get mad when I get them but he just hiccups and bounces around. Tim is back to work so it's just me & little man now. I've been very fortunate that several of my neighbors take turns coming over to watch him so I can take a shower and eat if I haven't done that by the time they arrive. My recovery is going pretty well but I have to remind myself daily to take it easy and that it won't keep doing well if I overdo it.

Some pictures to enjoy:


Mommy & Me

It's so hard to be me!


Tummy time fun

1 comment:

  1. Do try to take it easy if you can. You'll be happy in the long term that you did!

    ReplyDelete