Monday, August 13, 2007

Doctor's Appt No. 13

Tomorrow will be 38 weeks. Had my 13th doctor's appointment today. Normal stuff going on:

1) Weight - actually lost half a pound. Apparently there's something to this milkshake diet!! Doc was very happy that my weight has been stable for the past month.
2) Blood pressure - a little high for me but still normal - I think it was 124 / 86 - or something close to that.
3) Exam stuff - 70% effaced, 2-1/2 cm dilated and -3 station. Before I was at -5 and 2cm and the other doctor didn't tell me about being effaced so I'm assuming I did some good stuff over the past week. Elijah is definitely getting into position for his grand entrance.

The other cool thing was that my doctor congratulated me for where I'm at right now. He said that this would be good for a 2nd or 3rd time Mom so it was really good for me having my first. I told Tim that I was an overachiever. =) And doc is skeptical that I'll make my due date. Of course, he wouldn't give me a prediction but everyone else is thinking earlier. I still stand by my guess of the 20th. We'll see how it holds up.

That's the update for today. All is well in baby land and Mommy and Daddy to be are enjoying their last bits of sleep and peace and quiet. All of our family, friends, neighbors and co-workers are on baby watch. We're looking forward to sharing the fun with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment