Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A busy day

After finally getting a little sleep last night, it has been a busy day. The grandparents have been here to meet their newest grandson. My parents arrived yesterday and Tim's parents drove up from Morehead City today to see us. It was great seeing all of them. Elijah had his pictures made, blood drawn for tests, and he was circumsized. We're happy to report that he has survived this busy day and seems to be no worse for the wear. He's sleeping happily in his basket and I'm just hanging out watching him. It's just the two of us right now and I just can't get over how precious he is. His redness and bruising is fading but that will take a few more days to completely go away. This morning I took a shower and shed the hospital attire for my own clothes. That alone made me feel more human.

I continue to be amazed - and probably always will - that this is a life that Tim & I created. We made him and I carried him for 9 months, ultimately giving birth to our precious son. It is the biggest thing we'll ever do in our lives and we are so blessed.

(more) Pictures to enjoy..

Grandma & Grandpa

Grandma & Grandpa

2 comments:

  1. More great pictures! Congrats to the happy grandparents, too!

    I think of this every day... it's hard to believe that less than a year ago, Noah and Eli were just two cells in their mommys and daddys... and now look at them!

    It's the best thing in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congradulations!!!!!!!
    Eli is beautiful!!! Hope you are all doing well. Thank you Eli for making me a Great Aunt, never been one of these before. We wish you all well and hope to see you soon. Please continue to send as many pictures as possible. Never get tired of reading or seeing the new life of parenthood and Eli's world.
    Love you all.
    Val, Mike, Matt and Sheridan

    ReplyDelete