Sunday, October 5, 2014

Week Forty: 9/29-10/5

Work, school, silliness, camping, fun.....a great week! 
On Monday, I got to tour the new Talley Student Union at work. My company is building it so I was able to see the finished area as well as the areas still under construction. 
Monday after school, I took the boys to Target to spend their commission money. They were so excited to pick out and buy new Mixels. They've been saving up and patiently waiting for us to take them. 
Tonight we read this hilarious book and the pig in the story reminded me of Grandpa's fireside pig story from our camping trip in Pennsylvania. 
Wednesday - American Ninja Eli has been working on his grip strength. Yes, he climbed the cased opening. And yes, he is holding himself upside down on the trim. Gonna be a contender!!

Thursday. Funny this.....I learned the names of my future grandchildren. Eli informed me that he's going to have four children. 2 boys / 2 girls - Andrew, Jack, Emilee and Carolina. We agreed that he'd be 30 years old before that happens. 



Friday - Superhero day at school to celebrate our Superhero Teachers. It ended up being a REALLY SUPER day because Cole's teacher sent a note him that he had a wonderful day at school. Yay Cole!!
Major Victory!! I have been working on chair pockets for Cole's Kindergarten class at school and Friday night, I FINALLY got them finished (25 of them!!). I'm so happy to have finished them and can't wait for the kids to see and start using them! 

And then we have a tale of two weekends.......first up, Cole and I had a fun weekend together while Tim and Eli went on a Scout camping trip. 
A new martial arts studio had an open house not far from our neighborhood. Saturday morning, Cole & I went to check it out. It took him a little bit to warm up but Cole had fun in the class. We're thinking of starting him in classes so it was perfect timing. 
With Rocky

Happy with donuts!

After the Open House, we went to the Museum of Life + Science in Durham. Cole had been patiently waiting to go to the "Dinosaur Museum". He was excited to know that there was a Dinosaur Trail and to see the new-to-us museum. 






Cole on the Moon!
A little rock climbing
Outdoor music
Definitely got his jam on! 

Super happy dinosaur loving boy! The Dinosaur Trail!!


Cole's face here cracks me up. It was like Christmas morning everywhere we turned. So much to see and find!










Digging for fossils
We didn't have much luck. =(
Going on a bear hunt.....
Found some black ones!

They had a camera that we could move around to find and watch the bears. 


Quick rest!

Catch the Wind area of the park
We were able to "drive" sailboats in the water and see how the wind took them. 



Making our own leaves fall

Big hair tarantula!
Creepy horned beetle



Cole had fun playing on the outdoor structures
Our Saturday was pretty full! I think we were both pooped out when it was over. 
I even made a few chair pockets for our kitchen chairs. 
They will work great for the boys keeping some of their books and supplies handy. 
Sunday morning, before church selfie. Aren't we cute?!

Cole and I had a lot of fun together but we definitely missed Daddy and Eli. Saturday night ended up being kinda chilly so we were hopeful that they weren't too cold. Tim did take some pictures for me of their Scout campout weekend at Camp Durant. 
Home sweet home for the weekend. 
Beautiful lake sunrise
Morning gathering around the fire
Dads making breakfast. I think Tim helped with some of the cooking. 
Eli and pals checking out the lake. 
Saturday morning flag ceremony
This looks like an awesome place to have a service or meeting. So pretty and peaceful!
Saturday lunch (I can't imagine feeding this many boys!!)
GOT TO HAVE COFFEE! I think Tim made some friends with coffee out there. 
Beautiful fog on the lake. 
Looks like an absolutely beautiful place. Maybe I'll get to go one day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment