Sunday, May 4, 2014

Week Eighteen: 4/28-5/4

Week 18 was a pretty normal week for us. 

Monday night - Scouts for Eli & Tim. Library for me & Cole. 
Tuesday night - Swim lessons. Eli is rocking Level 7 and learning to FLIP TURN! Cole is doing great in Level 4 and is working hard to move up to Level 5. Love my little fishes. =)

Wednesday......oh Wednesday. The boys had a great night Wednesday night because it had rained....a lot. At some point, I think they asked Tim if they could go outside. Little did he (or I) know that they had put on their rain boots and were headed for the front yard to the muddy water in the ditch. Once we figured out what they were doing, it was already too late so what else is a Mom of boys to do? I got my camera to capture their fun! 

Eli did everything he could to get his whole body muddy
And Cole was right behind jumping in the mud puddle
I think Eli dipped his head in the water...or either stomped his feet to get his head and face muddy. 
Yeah, that!

Muddy Brothers!


They stood on both sides of the ditch, counted down and ran into the puddle together
making a big muddy splash!

And then they decided to wash off in the puddle in the road.
Can you tell Eli was already on the left side of the puddle? 

They had so much fun. 
Crazy muddy fun
Future Warrior Dash competitor
Warrior Dash "Horns Up"
All that muddy fun 
warranted an outdoor shower.
Au naturale. 
We finally joined the iPad nation. Have been talking for a while and finally did it. 
Saturday morning - these boys love their weekend tv. 
I went on a bike ride Saturday and it didn't go so well. 5 miles from home I felt a flat. So I stopped, took the tube out, got my spare tube and was going to fix it. Well, my spare had a hole in it and I couldn't get the original tube to keep air. AGGGHH!! So I ended up calling Tim and the boys to come get me. I've never had to do that before. I did have a great experience while I was waiting and multiple other riders asked if I was ok and offered help and one person in a car even stopped to see if I was ok. Was bummed that my bike ride got cut short but I guess it wasn't meant to be. 
Saturday afternoon stunt practice - Eli rides his bike, Cole's blue bike (above) and the Strider bike. Boy is working on his skills. 
Biker boys
Daddy hanging out watching the bike show
Sunday morning after church, the boys & I went over to a friend's house in the neighborhood for a playdate. This big tree in their front yard was a favorite. Eli is a total monkey. He amazes me.
Eli and his buddy Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment