Sunday, April 27, 2014

Week Seventeen: 4/21-4/27

Lots of fun stuff again this week. Tim planned to take a few days off and his Dad came up to work on our camper. We kept noticing last year that water stains would show up on the canvas and eventually we discovered a leak. Has to be fixed before our vacation this year so Tim and his Dad planned to do just that. As usual, the week had its' twists and turns and became a very busy week. 

Our week in photos....


Monday morning the boys enjoyed some leisurely reading time in our bed. 
Tuesday Grandpa N came and brought Easter presents from Grandma. Tuesday night I took them to swim lessons while Daddy & Grandpa worked late on the camper. 


The boys loved their pillow cases - Star Wars for Eli and Airplanes for Cole. Perfect! Thanks Grandma!!

Tim started on Tuesday before his Dad got here taking out the old ceiling and making a mess doing "demo" work. They spent two days working really hard to take the old out, seal up the roof really well (especially around the AC) and then cutting / prepping a ceiling to go back. Tim still has some work to do but they made great progress. I think it was a little tougher than Tim thought but they got it done! 
Thursday morning before the boys went to school (and Grandpa went home - they worked on the camper for two full days!). They loved having him visit and we're thankful for all his help! 
Friday night - make your own pizza.
Well....it was actually Eli made his own and Mommy made the rest. =) 
Cole had fun Saturday morning carrying around our new bluetooth speaker as my phone was playing Pandora. 

Saturday was also Cole's last soccer game of the season. It has been a taxing season with Cole's ups and downs on the field. Sometimes he would practice, other times not. Sometimes he'd play, other times not. If he did play, he'd usually get upset at something and then stop playing. But Saturday......there was a trophy at stake. We told him that it was his last game and that if he played, he'd get a trophy when it was over. Boy did he play like a champ!! We're not sure where that Cole was all season. The coaches were thrilled with his play. He practiced great and played awesome. He played the whole time he was supposed to and only got upset once but Coach kept him from running off the field and he was quickly back in the game. I was one proud Mommy!! An awesome day! 

Practicing with Coach Matt






Goofing off as a cone head during his break. 
"All good Mommy. I got this!"


"See....told you!"












Awesome action shot!


That face says it all. =) 






Cole and Ian (Coach Matt's son)
Trophy time
Totally earned it today! 
Cole and his friend from school, Chloe
Mommy and her Soccer boy

After the game, Daddy went by the nursery and got some 50/50 garden mix (compost and dirt) to finish prepping our garden. The funniest thing when the boys got up on the truck was that they talked about how smelly it was. 
Peeee-Yooooo!
We (read: Tim) made our garden much larger this year, combining the existing individual beds. 
The boys played in their own dirt pile while Daddy worked. 
My farmer


Found Sam Green, the Lego man, on our back glass door. 
Saturday night, the boys and I had movie night. I can't remember the last time I actually sat and really watched a movie with them. We snuggled on the couch and watched 'Despicable Me 2' - they love that movie and it really is cute. It was nice to slow down and enjoy it with them. 

Today after church, I made a day trip back home to go to my Aunt Betty's funeral. My Mom called me last weekend and let me know that she had had a stroke and wasn't doing well. She went home to Heaven on Thursday and the visitation / service was today. Aunt Betty is my Grandpa's only sibling and she lived across the street from my parents. I guess technically she's my Great Aunt but she's always just been "Aunt Betty" to me. It was a sad occasion to go see everyone but it really was great to see some of my extended family that I don't get to see much these days. The service was beautiful and I really enjoyed listening to memories of Aunt Betty. My Dad participated in the service and did an awesome job. So many wonderful memories were recalled and the most powerful thing said that spoke to me was that "Betty was just Betty" and she lived her values "God and family". So many lessons for me to remember and such a tribute to a sweet lady. She leaves behind wonderful children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren that will always treasure their time with her. I know my Grandfather is sad. He's the last of that generation and the oldest living member of his family. And I hope he's around for a long time to come! Today was also my Grandmother's birthday so it was nice to see her on her birthday. 
My Grandma & Grandpa S.
My Mom (left) with her parents and her sister and brother
Me with my Parents and Grandparents - I am so blessed!
I really like this picture. Grandparents are something special.
My Aunt Brenda, her husband Tom with my Grandparents (her parents)
My Uncle Mike, his wife Val with my Grandparents (his parents)

No comments:

Post a Comment