Sunday, May 11, 2014

Week Nineteen: 5/5-5/11

What an incredibly busy week! Teacher Appreciation week, Cinco de Mayo, Election Day, Sick Mommy, Presents, Mother's Day, Family jump time.....hold on for the ride!! 

Monday was Cinco de Mayo and started off Teacher Appreciation Week. I must say that it stinks that Teacher Appreciation week is so late in the year because if you buy them anything for class, they don't get to use it very long! Anyway.....Cole's class had a piƱata and he loved being a part of that and of course, getting candy! 
I think this was his first tootsie roll EVER. 
While Daddy & Eli were at Scouts, Cole worked really hard on cards for his teachers. 
I love how this one says "Cole loves Ms. Denise" - oh yes we do!!

Tuesday was a crazy day. I was feeling a little off but tried to plug through. Started the day voting and Eli helped me with that (thankfully our polling place is his school). I didn't really feel like myself so after finishing a meeting early, I stopped at the Minute Clinic for what I suspected was strep throat. Normally it hits me hard and fast but this was a little more gradual over the course of a few days. I didn't know I had a fever and the rapid test came back positive very quickly. Now I know why God had other plans for my bike ride on Saturday! I had no idea I was sick. I am going to have to go eventually to see if I'm a strep carrier. Apparently you can carry it and always have it but only know it when it flares up. Since I've had it probably 5 times since Eli was born and many times in my life, it's possible. I was also on kiddo duty tonight for swim lessons so was very careful not to get too close to anyone and enjoyed watching their lessons. 
I voted!
Strep - positive.....again. 
The fun thing was that Cole's new airplane sheets arrived. Love them!!
Superstar Swimmer - moved up to Level 7!

Tuesday night was a rough one for me and Wednesday was just horrible. I stayed home from work and literally could not peel myself off the couch for most of the day. About 3pm, I had to get up because I had to wash all our bed linens. I had laid down in all of our beds at one point or another over the past few days so washing was in order. I finally started to feel human again and got it done. However that little bit of housework wore me out! That evening I did manage to check out the garden with Tim & the boys. 

Cucumbers coming up
Tim's tomato plants

Thursday I went back to work and it was a much better day. Still tired and not feeling 100% but able to make it through the day. That night, the boys and I made banana chocolate chip muffins. I wanted to make some for Cole's teachers to give them as a little surprise along with their other gifts. Eli & Cole love helping me bake. Most of the time it's because what we're making involves chocolate chips and they want some but that night, it involved smashing bananas and playing games with my stainless measuring cups. 

Cole looks like he was coaching Eli through the smashing process. 
Spinning measuring cup wars. 
And then they became musical instruments. Not sure what Cole had in between them but he was making quite a racket! 

Friday started off a wonderful Mother's Day weekend. Cole and Eli both made me something at school. I am a typical Mom and my heart just melts at the handmade gifts and even just their writing. I love it!!
Cole was so excited to give me his gift. He was so sweet and wanted me to open it right after school. Just look at that sweet boy! 
And during this time, Eli was acting like a balloon was tooting out his bottom. Yes, we go to extremes really quickly around here! 
Adorable candle and plate decorated by Cole. 
My sweet Cole-man. 
Eli made me a pot of flowers
and each one has a chore I can pick for him to do. He probably won't be thrilled when I pull one out! 
We also got his "Art to Remember" order and this cool magnet. 
This is my Belle rose bush. My Mom gave it to me after we said goodbye to Miss Belle and it blooms gorgeously every year. 






Such beautiful reminders of our loyal companion. We miss her every day. 

Saturday, I tried to make up for my botched bike ride last weekend. It worked! Still not 100% but feeling better every day. 
Road ride....Take 2!
I also did a little crafting. This is my prototype alligator / crocodile. Cole has named him/her "Snappy". Since Cole wants an alligator/crocodile party for his birthday, I have struggled to figure out a good take home favor. I thought an "Adopt-an-Alligator" station would be fun! 
On a SOLO trip to Target, I found these awesome alligator swim trunks for the boys! 

Today was such a fun awesome Mother's Day. We went to church, hung out at home for a bit and then went to Defy Gravity. Such love and fun - but we try to do that every day! 
Photo props at church. Such a great idea!


We visited Eli's room at church and helped the kids with an activity - it was a 'Mad Libs' type letter to their Moms. It was great. Then at the service, we saw a video of some kids answering questions about their Moms. I jotted down the questions and then the boys' answers. Check them out:

If you could buy anything for your Mom, what would you buy?
     Cole: Girl Legos
     Eli: Flowers and Chocolate

If you could take Mom on any vacation, where would you take her:
     Cole: Everywhere
     Eli: Pennsylvania, to the chocolate factory (he's learning early!)

What is your favorite food that Mom cooks?
     Cole: Cookies!
     Eli: Pizza

What superpower does your Mom have?
     Cole: Super baking powers (see cookie answer above!)
     Eli: Strong kisses

What would happen if all Moms disappeared?
     Cole: Daddies would take care of us.
     Eli: There would be no babies. 

It was so funny asking them questions and getting answers. Quite a difference in a how an almost 5 year old thinks and an almost 7 year old thinks. My boys are so awesome. And I know one thing, they do love their Mommy!! 
This lizard rode on the hood of Tim's truck from church until I made him stop at the gas station to get him off. 
He hunkered down really low and tight to the truck hood when we were riding. Craziest thing! 

Defy Gravity was such a fun part of our day! It's an indoor trampoline park where the trampolines are at floor level. They also have a dodge ball arena and a foam pit jump. The boys loved it! Eli has been talking about having his birthday party there for a while so I wanted to be sure that Cole could have fun too and also let them see what all the fun is about. We did an hour jump and funny enough, at the end, Cole fell apart and said he didn't get to jump ANY. Like he had just been sitting on the sidelines for the entire hour while the rest of us had fun. I assure you, the pictures show otherwise! =) 
They were itching to get on the trampolines.
Got our bands....ready to jump!


Cole had a blast jumping into the foam pit. I tried once and it was hard to get out of it!






Dodge ball arena - I think Daddy had the most fun here. 




Throwing balls at his kids and not getting in trouble for it. =) 
Dodge ball boys
It was super cool. 
Loved my jumping playdate and my jumping boys. 
Tim bought me beautiful flowers earlier in the week instead of waiting until Mother's Day. He thought they'd bring some sunshine into my icky week. And he was right! 


No comments:

Post a Comment