Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Grandma Rocks!

Last weekend, Grandma C came to visit and the boys had an AWESOME time with her. Grandma was here when we got home from school on Friday and it was super play-a-pooloza the entire time she was here. Lots of Monster Jam re-creating and a lot of outside time. Sun up to sun down, loads of fun.

Tim & I took the time to do some chores. Saturday morning early, I did a spin class and Tim did a mountain bike ride with a friend. Then we prepared our garden for planting. Lots of weeds has sprung up since last year so it was in desperate need of attention. Sunday morning we went to pre-ride the bike course for a little triathlon that I'm doing in a few weeks.

The boys did great with Grandma and there were very few tantrums thrown. They really enjoyed playing at home - once we got home Friday, they didn't get back into their car seats until Monday morning to go to school! That has never happened before.

We appreciate Grandma coming to spend the weekend with us. I'll let pictures illustrate all the fun!

Friday morning, my little Monster truck boys
Making cupcakes on Saturday
My helpers, I always put them to work placing baking cups
except Cole decided to use his for goldfish - silly boy!
And Eli decided to wear his as a hat.
In home Monster Jam - long line of slap wheelies!
cuteness
Mommy & her silly boys
There was a LOT of swinging over the weekend. The boys love their swingset.
Happy cute boy.
Cole has the best facial expressions. They just make me laugh.
Swinging on his belly.
Eli, or excuse me - Jake. Eli was role playing himself as Jake the pirate. It was fun to watch as his imagination took over.
Eli also decided that Cole wasn't Cole but rather "Cubby" from the Never Land Pirate gang. And by the way, Mommy is "Izzy" and Daddy is "Captain Hook".
LOVE these sweet boys.
"Jake" playing soccer.
"Cubby" playing kick and throw with the blue ball.
It amazes me how big he has gotten!
Beep-Beep. "Bye Mommy"
Our Valentine's Day tree. Eli said the leaves look like hearts and called it our Valentine's Day tree.
Quick post-ride picture from Sunday.
Future NC State linebacker
Both boys wanted to ride bikes when we got home and helmets are mandatory in our house. Cole, obviously, does not like that rule.
But we're adamant that there is no riding with out one. So Cole opted to just sit in the road and express his unhappiness.
Eli is wearing MY helmet!
I thought this was a cute shot of them. Eli was talking to Cole. I have no idea what they were talking about but I love it!
Mom's walk up window. The boys routinely come to the kitchen window for drinks or snacks. Or in this case to wash their hands.
When I walked outside to say bye to Grandma, this is what I found. The boys were loaded up, ready to go home with her. They kept waving and telling me bye. Eli even told me that they'd miss me. One day they'll be heading to Grandma's on their own - just not quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment