Sunday, May 29, 2011

more Weekend Crafty

After an extremely successful shopping trip to Joann's on Friday (before the rain caused massive crisis at my jobsite), I was itching to start cutting fabric and sewing. Friday, I managed to get fabric washed, dried and iron - I think I even started cutting some squares before bed. Then last night, after the boys were in bed, I plopped myself in front of my sewing machine and went to town. This time I made a larger blanket than the baby blanket I made a few months ago. I called this one a "toddler" blanket - made for a sweet girl's upcoming 2nd birthday. I'm not sure if I should be proud to say that sewing it kept me up until midnight but I got it done! Started with a stack of squares at 8pm and 4-ish hours later, a blanket emerged! I cut the "rag" parts of it today and gave it a good wash. I have several more of these planned as gifts this year - I'm excited that I'm getting the hang of it!

In progress - my sewing machine & I are actually getting along these days.
Finished project - it's 35" x 49"

No comments:

Post a Comment