Tuesday, April 26, 2011

our Easter

We had a nice low key Easter this year. Easter Bunny was light on the chocolate due to the arrival of two 1 pound chocolate bunnies via UPS on Friday (thanks Uncle Billy & Ms. Niki!). The boys got treats from Billy & Niki and from both Grandparents so no need to go overboard. Eli woke up first and was excited to see treats waiting for him. A little later Cole woke up and Eli was thrilled to show him all of the treats. We spent a lot of time outside during the day and just generally hung out. I think Tim & I might have each snuck a few winks in during their nap time.

I spent time thinking about what Easter was like for me as a kid. We would rush to our baskets when we woke up and I always searched for the Whopper eggs. Sometimes, you'd end up with a bubble gum or jelly bean egg instead - not nearly as good as the Whoppers! We'd get dressed up and go to church, then it was off to Grandma's for family lunch and egg hunts. I remember that my Dad used to hide money in the plastic eggs, sometimes even bills!! We'd search and search for that magic egg. I'm really looking forward to doing some of the same things with our boys as they get older and as we figure out how we want holidays to be for them. This year they weren't all that into it so we took their lead and didn't make that big of a deal about it. We did read them books about what Easter is really about but I think they're still a little young to understand. They will soon though, they're growing so fast!!

Happy to see treats
Gotta eat the bunny's ears first
He is totally my son, loves chocolate!
Showing Cole his basket of goodies
Checking out the Mickey Mouse paint book
Notice the little smudge of chocolate on his lip. =)
Chocolate bunny!
Cole seems so big to me lately!
Playing together - what's funny is that Cole even pushes Eli around on this.
Bubble time
Running through the bubbles
such fun
Eli tried to eat the bubbles
and of course, Cole had to try to do it too.
Using the "grabbers" to pick up pine cones.
Little cutie - he thought he was smart figuring out how to turn the bubbles on and off.

No comments:

Post a Comment