Saturday, January 22, 2011

Update

My apologies for so long since my last update. I've got to be honest, I've just been worn out lately. Things are so busy and I've just been so tired, hoping that will be better soon.

So last weekend, Eli & I loaded up in the truck after a busy Saturday morning (the Y and a playdate with Evan) and headed to see Uncle Billy. He had surgery on his ankle Wed night and got home on Thursday. I wanted to go down there to check on him (yes, I'm an overprotective big sister) and see if he needed anything. Eli is a great traveling companion. I asked him several times if he wanted to stop to get out and walk around but he kept telling me to keep driving. Billy was at Niki's house (his fiancee who is renting the house that I grew up in - kinda cool huh?). It was weird pulling back into that driveway. I can't remember the last time I was there but boy oh boy, it seems soooo small now! Even Billy & I talked about that. Hard to imagine how 5 of us lived there with 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. Eli & Cole would be impossible to contain / keep happy in that small space but somehow my parents did it! So anyway, once we got there Eli was excited to watch 'Tow Mater's Tall Tales' with Uncle Billy. They hung out together watching tv while I was able to visit with my Mom, Dad, Niki and then made dinner. Billy seems to be doing really well with all going on and I was glad to lay eyes on him.

My sweet traveling companion
The house I grew up in
Eli & Billy - watching movies, eating M&Ms - good stuff!
Silly with the crutches. Billy's only mode of transportation right now.
Hopefully we cheered up Uncle Billy!
We also got to see Grandma C - a nice treat!

Sunday morning, Tim let me rest a bit since I got home late and then we were off and running. Grocery store, races through the house, naps, a walk, the Y, playing, dinner, baths, bed - just our normal Sunday.

Cole starting the race with Eli.
Eli not far behind.
Thankfully the weather gave us a break and the boys got to spend some much needed time outside.
Such a big boy!
Mom, really? You're taking another picture of me?
New telescope on the swing set tower.
I caught Daddy napping while the boys did. Probably well deserved. =)
Heading out for a bike ride.
Again Mom?!!
Eli's bike ride didn't last long, he wanted to ride in the wagon with Cole.
Eli surprised us this weekend by taking medicine by himself. I had "dispensed" it one night, went to give Cole his and Eli gave it to himself. How did he get so big and so smart?!
A little brotherly chat on the stairs.
And then some bottom bumping to come down.
This week's theme at school was Air Transportation - check out our own little Pilot.
Tantrum in progress - we're starting to see these quite a bit. Cole got sent home from school Tuesday with a very low grade fever and stayed home Wednesday with Tim.
Eli trying to make it all better - notice Cole's pretend mohawk.

No comments:

Post a Comment