Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Meet Sophie

Today Cole met Sophie the Giraffe. There's quite a funny story of Sophie's journey to Cole - bear with me. You see, today my jobsite had a pot luck lunch for Thanksgiving. Since I'm known as the baker, I was immediately signed up for dessert and I decided to try making carrot cake last night. I stopped by Harris Teeter and purchased the ingredients I didn't have and after Cole went to sleep, I started the lengthy carrot cake process. After about 2 hours, I had to deem my carrot cake a disaster and wave the white flag of defeat. The cake bubbled over my pans and created a huge mess in the oven. (Post-mordem: I think I figured out that my brilliant time saving idea of using pre-shredded carrots was not a good one. I think the water in them baked out and created a too wet cake that wouldn't / couldn't rise. This is only a theory and we'll see if I ever try baking one again.) Soooooo, I arrived at work today with no cake in hand and took off before lunch to Whole Foods to buy one. I had to park a little ways from the door to Whole Foods and that required me to walk by a VERY cool store - 'Twig'. That was where Sophie was waiting for me. I was so excited to see her as I had read lots of good things about Sophie and childrens love of her, especially teething children like Cole. Not only did I meet Sophie, I found several other cool gifts there. I had to get back to work so I didn't allow myself to spend too much time looking (my pocketbook couldn't have handled it!) but I did manage to make the $12 carrot cake cost $100 after all my purchases!!

Cole meeting Sophie
I think he knows what Sophie is for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment