Sunday, November 15, 2009

Coming up for air

Whew, busy weekend! Time to take a quick breath and then get ready for another busy week ahead. This weekend we were lucky enough to have Grandma C come for a visit and give us some much appreciated extra hands with the boys (not to mention she & Grandpa went on a cruise and haven't seen the boys in a few weeks). She arrived Friday night just in time to see the boys before bed. We let Eli stay up a little late to play with Grandma and as soon as everyone was asleep, I started pulling out clothes that had been stored as Cole has grown out of the 6 month stuff, is enjoying life in 9 month clothes and will soon be ready for the 12 month ones.

Saturday morning Cole woke up about 6am and Tim took him plus a bottle to Grandma so we could get a little extra sleep. When Eli got up, he went straight into the playroom where Grandma was and just hung out for a while. I don't think we got out of bed until 7:30am - AMAZING!! After breakfast, I took Eli to the Y to do a spin class (me not him) while Grandma C got some quality time and snuggles with Baby Cole. Home for a snack and then the boys, Grandma & I headed to the library down the street to meet Ryan & his parents for some play / hang out time. Eli & Ryan had a great time playing on the playground and running around. We did manage to go inside for a few minutes but as it was lunch time, that didn't last long. Eli took a very good nap and Grandma C snuggled with Cole for his afternoon nap. During that time, I managed to transfer some computer files and do LOTS of laundry. (I swear I think I did 10-12 loads this weekend) We grilled out Saturday night and enjoyed more time with Grandma.

Sunday morning was a pretty nice repeat of Saturday morning where Grandma kept the boys occupied and we slept until about 7am. I made coffee cake for breakfast and then Tim & Eli went for a bike ride. During that time, I kept doing stuff around the house while Grandma played with Cole. Grandma left a little before lunch and, although I was tired from busying myself with chores, I got a ton of stuff done and was very thankful for the time to do it all. Of course, my "to do" list is still a mile long but like I told my mom, I was able to make a little progress on my behind-ness. Sunday afternoon, Tim & I went to a memorial service for my neighbor Amy's dad who passed away last week (we had a babysitter come over). The service was a nice tribute to someone we were fortunate enough to spend time with over the past 5-1/2 years. It's so funny how sometimes you meet people and you feel like part of their family. That's how I feel with my neighbor Amy. We've always been so welcome in their home and welcomed by their family. Her dad was the same way. He cared about me, Tim and the boys and when we didn't see him, he asked how we were doing. It's hard to watch people you care about be sad but I'm glad we were able to go and support our friends.

When we got home, we found out that neither Eli nor Cole had really napped so by 4:30pm, they were falling apart. I took Cole to Target hoping that the car ride or cart ride would put him to sleep - eventually it did. Tim managed to get Eli down for a power nap (although he was grouchy when Tim woke him up) so that he could make it to bed time. We managed to survive the evening and everyone went down for bed fairly easy.

I think I've recapped the weekend pretty accurately. I stayed so busy trying to get things accomplished that I didn't do as well as usual with picture taking - I did get some cute shots.

Watch out ladies
Cole showing Grandma his skills with the grab apple
Eli jumping at the park - Ms. Carol on safety patrol
Cole hanging on the ropes like a big boy
Eli & Ryan LOVED running down the ramp at the playground
Grandma & Baby Cole
Grandma & her boys

No comments:

Post a Comment