Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Cole's 1st ear infection - ugh

This morning I was busy running around, doing laundry and getting ready for our Thanksgiving travels when the phone rang and it was school. I always worry when they call about which kid is sick or what Eli did to get hurt. Today, it was Cole. They noticed some drainage out of his right ear so I took him to the doctor. Diagnosis: ear infection. He had been fussier than normal this past weekend and didn't want to lay down so this makes sense. I wish we would have realized sooner but he didn't exhibit any other symptoms. We got the antibiotic and have given him one dose. He's finally taking a nap (with Daddy) and will hopefully rest better tonight. We've modified our travel plans to leave very early in the morning instead of this afternoon but I think that will work out better. Daily I realize that I really don't have control over my life or schedule. I just have to roll with whatever happens.

BTW - he was almost 17 pounds today. He's got a long way to go if he's going to catch up to Eli's almost 20 pounds at 6 months!!

Does this look like a sick boy to you? Daddy playing "Mr. Cheeks"

No comments:

Post a Comment