Saturday, October 3, 2009

Leesville Library and Monkey Jim - Protector of the Crib

Lots of fun and activity today. First thing this morning, I took Eli & Cole to the Y so I could take a spin class. The boys did great in Y daycare - a complete turn around for Eli. He used to cry when I left and today he didn't want to leave - "I want to stay at the Y, Mommy" he said over and over on the playground. I explained to him a few weeks ago that Mommy needed to exercise and that I would always come back and get him. He was so cute telling me that I went to exercise and that I came back. While we were at the Y, Tim got some exercise of his own - a road bike ride.

This afternoon, we all indulged in a little nap time. I napped for an hour with Eli and Tim napped with Cole. I can safely say that that is the first time in daylight that we've all been asleep at the same time! After nap, we went to check out the new Leesville Library. We got a family library card and brought home three books for Eli. Eli also enjoyed playing on the futuristic playground. He's very brave and doesn't appear to be scared of heights.

Reading some Dr. Seuss to Mommy
Our library card
Ready to check out our books
Hanging out front
Silly boy
Climbing the ropes - told you no fear
Jump Jump - these were cool little pogo stick things
Round and round - this little seat spins you in a circle. I laughed out loud at Eli in it. He kept going around and around and blamed it on Daddy.
Climbing again

Tonight, Eli finally introduced Cole to Monkey Jim that he made him the day after he was born. It was very important that Cole meet Monkey Jim because tonight Cole is sleeping in his crib for the first time and Monkey Jim is protector of the Crib. It was very sweet watching Eli show Monkey to Cole. After the introductions, we all went upstairs to read books and get the bedtime routine started. I'm a little nervous about Cole being upstairs because 1) he's upstairs, 2) I don't want him to cry and wake Eli up (or vice versa) and 3) he's upstairs - did I mention that?! This is the same time that we moved Eli up to his room but I'm still nervous. Tonight I did enjoy reading to the boys in Cole's room and feeding Cole in the rocker / glider. I forgot how nice and peaceful it is up in that room. Both boys were asleep by a little after 8pm so we're hoping for a successful night. I know Cole will be up once but hopefully he won't wake Eli and Eli will sleep all night for us. Allow me to introduce you to Monkey Jim....

A gift from Brother
Cole and Monkey Jim
Cole's birth record - finally back from framing and installed on his wall. I am very pleased with how it turned out. You probably can't tell but the frame looks like bamboo.
Reading to my boys

No comments:

Post a Comment