Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Umstead bike ride and party fun

Whew, things have been busy. Can you believe it's Tuesday and I haven't told you about our weekend yet?! So unlike me, just haven't had much time to blog.

This was a fun weekend at home. Can't really remember Friday night - probably some eating, playing, bath time and bed (for all of us!). Saturday morning Tim & I both got up with Eli and, after breakfast, we headed to the Museum of Art to ride the pavement into Umstead. Tim pulled Eli in the bike trailer and I tried to pull my not-so-in-shape self around Umstead. =) I figure with the weight of the trailer and Eli, I was ALMOST equal to Tim in fitness level. We ended up doing about 12 miles and it was great. Eli really seemed to like it. Hopefully we'll have many more weekend morning rides. We went home and played - Eli didn't want anything to do with napping on Saturday - and had lunch together. After lunch, more playing and then later in the afternoon we went to Eli's friend Noah's 1st birthday party. It was so fun to see the birthday boy (and the birthday Daddy, it was Waylon's birthday party too). There were lots of cool things to do. There was an area of water toys, an area under canopy of regular toys and then lots of food and drink. Eli got kinda fussy so we didn't get to see Noah have his cake but we know it was yummy.

Sunday was a much better napping day. Eli let us sleep in until 7am - first time EVER! Then we had breakfast and watched the Tour. Everything we ate that day was off of yellow plates to celebrate the yellow jersey and the Tour. Usually Tim & I have a big Tour party but this year was just a small one with Eli, introducing him to the race. He took a morning nap, we then ran errands and then an afternoon nap. I think he was making up for no naps on Saturday. Sunday after dinner, we went to Rex Hospital to see a friend of ours, Richard, who had open heart surgery last Thursday. He looked great and Eli had so much fun roaming around the room and walking into the hallway to see if he could find other people. He even walked down and peeked into someone's room - it gave them a good laugh and a smile.

To sum it up, it was a good family weekend. Nothing too exciting but definitely busy. This upcoming weekend, Eli & I are headed to my parents' house. Grandma is going to keep Eli on Saturday so I can go ride roller coasters with my brother. I'm so excited - it has been almost 2 years. Let's hope I can still handle them!! Tim will have a quiet weekend but we'll be sure to leave him a nice honey-do list. =)


Faster Daddy Faster!!

Tim and the equalizer trailer

Eli, Elizabeth and Birthday Boy Noah playing in the water

Fun water time

1 comment:

  1. Cute pics!! I have some really good ones I'm hoping to post soon. I'll send you the awesome shots of Eli that my dad got, too. :-)

    Glad you all came... it was fun to see everyone!

    ReplyDelete