Sunday, July 27, 2008

Survival Mode

Have you ever been so busy (self induced or other) that you feel like you just go into survival mode? That's how I have been for as long as I can remember. Juggling work, trying to be a good Mother, trying to be a good Wife and still maintain my friendships......it keeps you busy!

Last week work was busy as usual (I swear I spend most of my time in meetings!) and then on Friday I had a physical and went to the KidsExchange consignment sale before heading to my parents' house for the weekend. The consignment sale was insane. There were soooo many people there that it was overwhelming. I do not remember the past two times being like that. I was able to find Eli a nice selection of short and long sleeved shirts and three toys. I was hoping to find shirts for him to wear to school and I was successful in that. Can you believe I was shopping in the 2Ts? Yep, that's what some of his shirts are now and definitely where we'll be this fall.

After the sale, I boogied home, loaded up the truck, picked Eli up from school and hit the interstate. Eli did pretty well the first hour, the second hour he slept and then for over an hour and a half, he was a little terror. I stopped 6 times between my house and my parents. Talk about survival mode!!! Looking back on the weekend, I figured out that for every "con" of the weekend, Eli also gave me a "pro". The ride down was definitely a con! My parents were happy to have us and definitely happy to see their grandson. They played and played with him until time for bath and bed. Here comes a "pro" - Eli slept from about 8pm to 7am with only one little waking at 2am. That's almost a record for him. I was worried but he slept well that night. Saturday, my brother & I had planned to go to Carowinds to ride roller coasters but the weather wasn't really cooperating so after lunch I ran around with my Mom visiting my Grandparents. They all seem to be doing well and were very happy to see Eli. He was walking around, showing off and trying to get into everything. We went back to my parents' for a late afternoon nap and then went out to dinner. Eli did ok but he was more interested in the people at the restaurant than his food. More play time, another bath and bed. He didn't sleep as well last night. He went down around 8:45pm and was up several time. At 5am when he wanted to be up ("con"), I pulled him in bed with me and we slept for another hour (thankfully!!). Eli got up and played with Grandma & Grandpa some more before getting fussy. We hit the road around 8am because he was just a fuss-pot. I decided last night to turn his car seat around hoping for a nicer drive home. That was the "pro". It was a much nicer drive home and Eli likes his car seat facing front.

During all of this, I forgot to mention that we left Tim at home. He had a VERY quiet weekend at home. He says he missed us but I think he missed our noise! =) He was waiting for us when we got home and I got a well deserved break from focusing just on Eli. I did chores around the house while Tim followed Eli around. That boy can travel!!

The post was long....sorry. Let me bore you with some pictures from our weekend.

Knocking down Grandma & Grandpa's tower

With Great Grandma

With Great Grandpa

With Great Grandma

Checking out the chickens and gathering eggs

Grandma & Grandpa on the farm

Uncle Billy

I was interested in the funny balls

So cute with Eeyore

Facing forward (shhh, don't tell)
Somewhere on the interstate

No comments:

Post a Comment