Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Poison Ivy, Oak or something splotchy

About a week ago, bumps developed on my (Evia's) lower left leg. It didn't hurt or itch, just red bumps. I thought maybe I got bit by ants or something. Then the red bumps spread on that leg and now they're on my right leg. Hmmmm....what is this? Well, my mom (self-proclaimed expert on all things poison ivy related) is telling me that it's poison ivy or oak. She said that it surfaces about 3 days after exposure - well, I WAS cleaing out Belle's pen on that Saturday - that would make 3 days. The weird thing is that it still doesn't itch. It's ugly and I don't like wearing anything that shows my lower leg right now but it doesn't really bother me. I've started Caladryl treatments to hopefully dry it up. Mom also told me that I could use bleach on a cottonball to help dry it up. I'm going to give the Caladryl a few days and see what happens. How bizarre is this? Poison ivy with no itching.....I must just be lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment