Sunday, May 4, 2008

Traveling boy

Eli is a traveling little boy. This weekend we went to visit Tim's parents. We had such a nice visit and even found some time to relax! We left home early Saturday morning (about 7:30am) so we got to their house at a decent time and hung out for a while playing on the floor with Eli and just chatting about everything. Then Eli took a little nap before we went to visit Tim's friends Preston & Maria and their two boys - Ray and Thomas. Thomas is about 6 weeks older than Eli. The last time they saw each other, neither was big enough to know what was going on. This time they played and noticed each other. Saturday night, we went out to eat at Outback with Tim's parents. Eli ordered a grilled cheese sandwich and ate everything but the crust!! He was so good the entire time at the restaurant. We had several people say hello to Eli and tell him how cute he is. I think the helmet is a magnet. Without it, he'd be just another baby. :-) After dinner, bath time and bed. Eli slept pretty well last night. The only downside was he was up and ready for the day at 5:30 this morning. We kept him calm until 6am - the normal time he eats. Tim and his Mom took care of Eli and let me doze back off. It was soooo nice!! Had a relaxing morning of hanging out - Tim & I even made a quick run to Michael's by ourselves. Eli was so funny checking everything out. He wanted to touch it all. The straps on his booster seat kept him entertained for what must have been an hour! We headed home slightly after lunch so that we could get a few things done at home before work tomorrow. Eli was so good in the car down and back - 3 hours each way. We're lucky that he travels well. He had such a big weekend that he fell asleep about 20 minutes ago. Hopefully he'll get a good night's sleep and be ready for the week ahead.

Some pictures from our weekend.


Trying to crawl - not quite yet

I'd rather walk....just need help, for now

My new favorite trick - Upside down Eli

Riding the tractor with Grandpa

Playing with Thomas

Who me? I didn't do it

Look at my fun straps..think I can pull the chair down?

I'm a stinker!
Now I'm sweet

Love my Grandma and Grandpa

No comments:

Post a Comment