Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!!

Today is Tim's birthday and Eli & I wanted to make it a special day for him. I grew up where birthdays are special and certain rules apply. The number one rule is that you MUST have cake ON your birthday. So, to make that happen, I make some awesome 'Sprinkle' cupcakes last night (William Sonoma sells the mix). They're chocolate and tonight I'll make the chocolate icing. I also decided to give Tim the "day off" (sort of) from Daddy-hood. I wanted to try to do as much as possible so he could relax. This morning I tried to get up with Eli when he decided 4am was wake up time again. Eli & I also talked Tim into going to Umstead for a birthday bike ride after work. While he was gone, Eli did some painting for him - custom artwork just for Daddy. It was pretty fun for me too!

Daddy, we hope that you have had a great birthday and Eli promised he'd let us get some sleep tonight. We'll see if he had his little fingers crossed or if he meant it!!



I know I'm buff baby!

Starting his masterpiece

Painter boy

Super E!!

Present time for Daddy

PS - my favorite card that Tim received came from our neighbors. On the front - "Learn from yesterday, Live for today, hope for tomorrow." Inside they wrote "At your age, what else can you do?" LOVE IT!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Tim!! I hope you had a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Where did you get the paint from?

    ReplyDelete