Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Perfect Mother's Day

Today was a perfect Mother's Day for a not-so-perfect Mom.....ME! First off, Eli has been full of new tricks this weekend. He wanted to show off for me and make it a special weekend. Yesterday morning was standing up in his crib when he woke up. We could not believe it but sure enough, he had pulled up.

This morning started off with sleeping in - it was so nice. Tim got up with Eli and let me stay in bed until I decided to get up around 7:30am. I know that's not sleeping in for some but it sure is for us! Tim cooked me pancakes and eggs for breakfast and we ate breakfast as a family - Eli had his pancake as morning snack. Then after some serious playing, it was naptime for Eli. He slept over an hour and a half and allowed Tim & I some lounge time - I actually read some of a book that I had started. After nap was present time. Eli got me the sweetest card, it made me tear up. Then he had picked out a digital picture frame for me to take to work. I wanted one because there are just so many pictures that I love. Tim gave me flowers and some "time off". My boys are just too sweet to me. After nap and present time, lunch time and then family walk in between rain showers. It was so nice as we all stayed in our pajamas until 12:30pm. Would have probably been all day if we had not decided that we needed fresh air! We then did our Mother's Day arts and crafts project - a stepping stone for the flower bed with Eli's footprints. That was fun. It didn't go quite as well as we had hoped but it's cute and preserves our day. Another nap (and more rest time for Mommy), more serious playing and then dinner. Eli's big surprise of the day was crawling. I tried to upload a video but it didn't work for some reason. He is now mobile and ready to go. He crawled all over after the tv remote. He's still not super fast but I give him a few days and we'll be struggling to keep up. After dinner, more play time, bath and bed. It has been a busy day and we hope Eli will sleep well.

Today was also my 12 year anniversary with Belle. I was first a dog mom before becoming Eli's mom. Belle was a graduation present when I graduated from NC State. It's hard to believe that I've been out of college 12 years (I should be grown up by now) but also hard to believe that I've had a dog that long. She's been through a lot with me and has been such a great companion. She has had to adjust to being second fiddle to Eli but she will always be the #1 dog in my heart.

What's next for Mommy & Daddy? Fish sticks and french fries for dinner (my choice - I avoid stuff like that because I'm trying to lose weight) and then watching the finale of 'Survivor'. It may not seem like the perfect day to some, but it was sure a great day for us. I loved how I spent my first Mother's Day.

Happy Mother's Day to all my Mommy friends out there. Hope yours was a great one!


Watch me....

Such a big boy

Eli and Puppy Jim

Mommy & Eli making the stepping stone

Time for footprints

So precious - almost finished (we did put his name and year on there)

Ugh, what's on my feet?

12 years - such a good dog

No comments:

Post a Comment