Sunday, May 25, 2008

Picnic, movie, cookout - oh my

We've had lots of family fun this weekend. Saturday we met 5 other families at Pullen Park for a picnic. All of the babies are within a few months of each other and are moms I've met over the past year or so. It was a lot of fun to hang out on our blankets under the trees and watch the babies play. Everyone also went on a train ride at the park. I've been here 16 years and never done that so it was a lot of fun. Eli also got to ride the swings for the first time. That was the sweetest thing. He laughed and laughed while he was swinging. I think we've got ourselves an adrenalin junkie! After the picnic, Eli was pooped out and took a nice long nap. I've been trying to fight off sickness so I ended up sleeping as well. Dinner was a lot of fun - Eli had rotini with a little bit of spaghetti sauce. He loved them!

Today has been fun a fun day too. We ran some errands early this morning and then Eli took another long nap - 2 hours! On Daddy's orders, I also took another nap. I have been so exhausted and this cold or whatever is kicking my butt. After nap and lunch, Eli went to our neighbor Amy's house while Tim & I went to the movies. That was a really nice treat. We went to see the new Indiana Jones movie. It was entertaining. I wouldn't call it the best thing I've ever seen but it did keep me entertained. This afternoon, our friends Kara & Brian came over with their son Owen for a cookout at our house. Eli had his first taste of baked beans and he absolutely loved them. They were the only thing he wanted to eat! The boys played and played until Eli just started falling apart. He didn't take a very good afternoon nap so he was pretty worn out. We're hoping that he will sleep well tonight.

We have very much enjoyed our family weekend. We hope that everyone else has had a good holiday weekend as well. The best part for us....there's still one more day to the weekend - woo hoo!!

Picnic under the trees

Ready to ride on the train

Hey there cute boy!

Eli's first swing ride

This is SO fun

Happy swinging boy

Yummy rotini dinner

Can't resist that cute messy face

No comments:

Post a Comment