Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mom's Report from Charleston

Hi everyone. Here I am in Charleston for work meetings. It feels very weird being away from Tim & Eli. I left yesterday morning around 7:30am and will get home late tomorrow afternoon - that's two whole nights away!! I thought I'd catch up on sleep but they had us booked last night until 10:30pm. Today we started with a 6:30am breakfast and I'm supposed to be on a team building excursion right now. The one I signed up for is Shopping in Downtown Charleston - oh yeah, we're staying on Isle of Palms so you have to take a shuttle over. It was either that or golf or fishing - neither really my style. But what I've really done is escape to get some work done in my room (and say hello to everyone here) before our dinner and speaker tonight. Busy busy!!

Tim's mom came up yesterday to help him out and be an extra hand with Eli. We've had to re-figure Eli out with the helmet so the guessing game has been tough. I felt really bad about leaving the boys UNTIL Tim called me at 6am this morning to tell me that Eli was still sleeping and had slept through the night. (I think Tim got more sleep than I did last night!!) When I talked to Tim last night, they had had a good evening and Eli went to bed fairly well. Hmmmmm.....why won't Eli do that when I'm home? Is it me? I'm really glad that Eli is doing well for Tim and his mom. I'm sending my happy thoughts and love to them for another great night.

And Millie Mom, thanks for taking care of the boys. I KNOW Tim could do it by himself but it's so much easier having someone there if you need them.

2 comments:

  1. FREEEEEEDOM! Just kidding. I bet you miss the boys! I'm going away for 4 nights in May and the heartache might just kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't work too hard! Although, separation does make the heart grow stronger!

    ReplyDelete