Friday, November 30, 2007

Busy busy

Wow, this has been a busy week. Of course, I tried to cram a thousand things into my last few days. Here's what we've been up to.

Tuesday - Terminix came for service, ran some errands and did some Christmas shopping for the family. Also, had a great afternoon hanging out with my friend Kara and her son Owen (Owen is exactly 2 weeks older than Eli).

Wednesday - we waited for a contractor to come give us a quote for our sunroom and he never showed up. The afternoon we went to Amazing Glaze and made pottery with some friends of ours and their babies. Eli made me a great mug that says 'I love Mom'. It has both his handprints on it. I'll pick it up next week. I also went out to eat with two friends from my neighborhood.

Thursday - Contractor showed up for quote.....wow, wasn't expecting it to be as much as he said. Went to Eli's daycare to check it out, learn the system and routine, meet his teachers and just try to get an idea overall about everything. My organizational skills are going to come in handy getting everything ready. I felt much better after being in his classroom for a little while and talking with the teachers. Eli actually fell asleep in my lap so he will have no problems being there! Then we went to have lunch with the guys from the jobsite and go visit my Chapel Hill site. It was so great to see my team and also let them see how much Eli has grown.

Friday - today, we went to Panera to meet our friends Megan and Tina for hot chocolate, a bagel and some time together. This was my last Mommy outing during the regular work day for a long time. I have enjoyed seeing and spending time with Megan and Tina the past three months. Then we went to Brier Creek to do some Christmas shopping and cross errands off the list. Had to run by Eli's doctor to get a form filled out for him to start daycare on Monday. I should have known something would be required but I didn't get it until yesterday. Oh well.

Now Eli's down to sleep and it's time to do house chores as he was not a good napper today and didn't give me any time to get things done. Hope everyone is doing well. I enjoyed my last week of maternity leave and crammed a lot in. I'm a little sad to be leaving him on Monday but it will be great for both of us and our mornings / evenings will mean so much more.

Pictures of our fun....


Fun at Amazing Glaze

Eli found a new use for the plans

No comments:

Post a Comment