Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A new outlook

This week has brought about a totally new outlook for me on my time with Eli. As of yesterday, I only have four weeks until I go back to work. While I thought I would be excited to go back to work (and in a way I am), I am kind of sad that I won't get to spend my days with Eli. Yes, I get frustrated at times when he's being super fussy or cranky and I can't make him feel better immediately but this is an amazing time for me and him. Over the past few weeks, I have found myself trying to do entirely too much and getting stressed out and in turn, Eli has been off. Well, this week I decided to quit overcommitting us and relax more and just hang out with him. There are just some times where being at a location at a specified time just isn't worth the hassle for whatever we were going to do. I'm learning big life lessons in priorities. Right now, the most important thing is my family and the time I have left with Eli. So, hopefully those of you who I see a lot won't get annoyed if we're a few minutes late or if we decline invitations to do things. I am just realizing you can't do it all and still be happy....no matter how hard you try!

On a good note, I talked to our daycare yesterday and Eli does have a slot secured starting December 3rd. We hope that Eli will make lots of new friends and continue his development as a happy little boy. Tim & I are both a little bummed that it's about time but unless we win the lottery or something real soon, it's what has to happen. Fortunately we think we have selected a good daycare and hope they will take wonderful care of him. I just found out yesterday that Ryan, son of one of our new mom friends Carol, is going to be at the same daycare so Eli already has one friend there!!

Yesterday, we hosted a playgroup at our house. Right now, mainly the moms chat it up and "play" but the babies will soon. Five moms and babies came over and it was pure baby-land for a few hours. I am thankful for all the new moms I've met and friendships that have developed. I hope they continue and our children grow up together.

Today we hope to meet some friends for lunch at the mall. I need to run a few errands there and also start looking for something for Eli to wear for his 3 month picutres and our Christmas pictures. I hate shopping for me but for him it's pure joy! Our plans are very loose for the rest of this week and for this I am thankful. My mom will be coming to see us, I mean Eli, this weekend and we look forward to that. She is going to be amazed how much he has changed since we were down there. She even mentioned that Tim & I could go on a bike ride while she watched little man. That will be way fun!! Looking forward to her visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment