Monday, November 26, 2007

Dry Run

Tim & I decided to do "dry run"s this week since I'll be going back to work on Monday. So, we're trying to figure this schedule thing out and how to get us all ready to go by7am. This morning we did pretty well. I get up, make Eli's bottle and take a shower - all by 6am. Then I'll feed Eli when he wakes up and Tim can shower. This morning we were all ready and fed by 6:45am. That was pretty good, leaving us some time to play and for small errors. We'll tweak the nighttime and morning schedules as we go but we know it's doable. We're not sure how we'll fit exercise into all of this but we're committed to both Eli & our own personal health and well being so somehow we'll get it all in.

This morning I also took Eli to the doctor about the rash on his face. It has been coming and going but really flared up this past week so I was worried with him going to daycare on Monday. Turns out it is Seborrheic Dermatitis - good news to us since we were worried about eczema. This type of dermatitis is the same thing that shows up as cradle cap on their scalp (and Eli definitely had that too!). I am supposed to put 1% cortisone cream on the areas and it should start clearing up in a few days. Whew....I also took the opportunity to ask about his reduced eating. He had been eating 32+ ounces a day and the past two weeks has been at 24-28. He's gaining weight and the doctor said the amounts are normal; the earlier one probably was a growth spurt. That was good news too. The fussiness and gas....just normal baby things we'll have to work through. (He's actually a little fussy in his crib right now.) Stats for today: 15 pounds, 7 ounces and 26-1/4 inches long. I'm going to have to get him a new car seat soon if he keeps growing in length!

We're headed to the daycare on Thursday to meet the teachers and see the routine we'll be doing for drop off and pick up. I'm still a little sad my time is up but it's what is best for us all. That will help us figure out the rest of our routine. Man, this takes a lot of planning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment