Saturday, November 10, 2007

Time with Grandma (and a bike ride!)

This weekend my mom came up to see Eli. She came up last night after work and was able to get here in time to help with bath time. After bath, she gave Eli his bottle and got some good Grandma snuggles in. It was very nice having her here as Tim & I were able to go out to eat after he went to bed. This morning was busy around our house. Grandma & Eli played while Tim & I tried to get a few things done that had been falling behind. This afternoon, we went on a mountain bike ride together. Tim informed me during the ride that I am now officially an MBM - Mountain Bike Mom. For those of you who didn't know me before pregnancy, I used to race mountain bikes and do lots of crazy other races. Tim & I even met on mountain bikes and dated through riding so being able to do my "return" ride with him was great. We went to Umstead, rode over to Crabtree, did a loop of the singletrack and then back to the truck. I think we probably did about 15 miles. I felt great doing it but know I will be paying for it tomorrow. I rode pretty well and can only imagine how fast I'll be when I get these 20 baby pounds off! We're looking forward to the spring when we can tow Eli in a bike trailer (when I say "we", I really mean Tim. Got to handicap him somehow!).

Mom also helped me make country style steak, teaching me my Grandma's recipe for doing it. Mom made this for us while she was here during Eli's first week and it is soooo yummy. Perfect for cooler weather!

We really appreciate my Mom making the trip up to visit us, or rather Eli. =) She even brought him his first Life is Good shirt! We'll be heading down there Thanksgiving day to see my family and eat lots of good food. It's days like this that we miss having all of the Grandparents closer, however it makes the visits we do get mean a whole lot more.

Love my Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment