Sunday, November 18, 2007

A big night.....in the CRIB

Well, we did it. Last night was Eli's first night in his crib and in his own room. I was worried about it and have waited so long because our room is downstairs and his is up. But, thanks to the video monitor I felt much more comfortable about it and I could switch the video on at any time to check on him. For some reason, I can't explain it, I just decided yesterday that that was the day. I have to make big decisions like that - make the decision and roll with it. So last night after bath, I took him up to his room for a book and his bedtime bottle. He did really well. I cried a little with him in my arms as I could just see in my mind Eli as a 3 or 4 year old little boy still snuggled up with Mommy for a story in the glider. I know everyone says they grow so fast and he already is. After book and bottle, he went right to sleep. I put him in his crib and turned the monitor on. He pretty much slept (with Tim going up once to replace the pacifier before we went to bed) until 2am. Bottle at 2am, back to sleep and then up for the day at 6am. I think we all slept much better last night; it just took me a while to get to this point. The video monitor is such a great thing. It has night vision so if I heard anything during the night, I was able to turn it on and check on him. I think that helps so I'm not running up the stairs at every sound and interrupting his sleep.

So one big milestone...of many. This morning we hung out in his room, reading books and playing toys. The best thing happened while we were playing. I started giving him lots and lots of kisses on his cheek near his ear and he just started laughing. I had to call Tim up to see. It just made my heart smile. Can't wait to show it off to the Grandparents this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment