Friday, October 12, 2007

Trip to the Farm

This week Eli & I took our first road trip. We went to my parents' house - affectionately known as "The Farm". We left Wednesday morning and came back Thursday afternoon. It was whirlwind trip but fun. We'll give you the trip description in pictures.
From our house, we went straight to my Grandma & Grandpa's house, meeting my Mom there.

Eli with his Great Grandpa

With his Great Grandma

From there, we went to visit my other Grandmother.

With his other Great Grandma

After that, we went to Western Sizzlin' to meet my Mom, Dad, Grandparents, Uncle Mike & his wife Val and daughter Sheridan and my Aunt Brenda for dinner. It was great to introduce Eli to all of them. I was able to eat dinner with both hands that night! From dinner, we went to my parents' church so he could meet the wonderful people in Dad's congregation.

Eli's first trip to church


We got back to my parents' house about 7:30pm - time for bath time and feeding before going to bed. I was worried about Eli keeping on his schedule. I did a sponge bath with him and then took him upstairs to feed and go to bed. When we visit my parents, we sleep in the loft of their log cabin so it's open to the downstairs including all the lights and noise. I wasn't sure how Eli would do. After I fed him, I put him in his pack and play. He looked around and moved his arms and legs for about 20 minutes but then was asleep without a peep. I was so pleased. He kept on the same schedule as if he were at home - up once during the night and then again at 6:15am.

So now, all that happened on Wednesday after 1pm! Thursday morning we enjoyed the farm and animals before heading to see my cousin Stephanie and then to my Mom's work so she could show off her first grandson. We left her work to come back home and made it back safely. I was so happy to have our first trip behind us. It's amazing how much you have to pack for someone so small! Belle did not come on this trip; just having Eli by myself was enough for me.

More pictures....


The barn at my parents' with goats and cows


So cute!

Sleeping on Grandpa


Having fun with Grandma

Uncle Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment