Sunday, October 7, 2007

A date for Mommy & Daddy

Today Tim & I got a nice treat - we went on a mid afternoon movie date! My great friend / next door neighbor / adopted big sister Amy offered to keep Eli for a few hours to give Tim & I some time together. It was so wonderful. We went to the Raleigh Grande to see 'The Heartbreak Kid' with Ben & Jerry Stiller. There were some pretty funny moments - and some shocking ones too! One cool thing that I noticed while we were there is that the Grande does a Mom's movie on Wednesday mornings. Moms are welcome with children 2 and under. It's a movie where crying, diaper changing, breastfeeding and anything else baby is ok. How cool is that?! I'm not sure how many moms take advantage of it but I hope to do so in the next few weeks.

Other than that, life here is all about Eli. =) We ran some errands with him yesterday and he did really well. He will be 7 weeks old tomorrow so I'm trying to figure out what we need to do to get him on a more consistent schedule and get his eating and napping more regular. I do have to eventually go back to work and I know that will be hard enough. I'm still very new at this and not sure what all to do. I have asked a bunch of my new mom friends how they've handled things and hopefully that will help me out. I've been very fortunate to meet and become friends with some other new 1st time moms - my girls from prenatal yoga are awesome and I've also met a few ladies that live near me. Hopefully this will make for some great lasting friendships between the moms and children!

No comments:

Post a Comment