Monday, July 30, 2007

Friends, Family and Presents oh my!

This past Saturday, three of my dear friends (Amy, Denise & Patty) threw me a baby shower. It was amazing. Amy's talent is throwing parties and the girls did not disappoint. This shower had been kept a complete secret from me. I knew the date because they wanted to make sure I was here (and because Denise was staying from out of town), knew that it was at Amy's house and that it was at 2pm - that's it. Normally I am super sneaky and don't like to be surprised but things have been so crazy and insane that I didn't have the energy or mindset to snoop. And I'm glad I didn't! My Mom and two Grandmothers drove up for the day from the Charlotte area. This was a big treat since one of my Grandmothers had never seen our house. It was also nice for them both to see Eli's Room. My In-laws drove up for the day from Morehead City and we were very glad to have them join us. One of the day's biggest surprises was that my friend Holly that lives in Vermont stopped by with her hubby and son. They were on their way from Myrtle Beach to Vermont after a little vacation and made it a point to add Raleigh to the route. I had not seen their son, Jack, since he was 6 weeks old and now he's almost 13 months! That's also the case with Denise's son, Finian. I last saw him when he was 6 weeks old and he'll be a year in September. The funny part about Denise & I is that we were in DC for her baby shower exactly one year ago before mine. Finian's due date was only 3 days after my due date for Eli. Kinda funny huh?

Oh yeah, the shower.....they continued our Under the Sea theme with little sea creatures in the punch bowl and a fun cupcake tree with sea creature toppers. Loved it! There was so much yummy food and the decorations were beautiful. The fireplace mantle was decorated like a clothesline with little onesies & booties. We received so many generous and thoughtful gifts. I'll say it again - having a baby shower is soooo much more fun than a wedding shower!

After the shower and after everyone left, Denise and my friend Mary ended up helping me go through all the clothes I've received and checking sizes, taking tags off and seeing what else I need to get. I'm usually not a night owl but we ended up working in Eli's room until 11pm -much to our husbands' dismay. I really appreciate all their help. I have finally washed all the clothes, towels, washcloths and blankets. Now have to figure out how I want it all organized.

It was such a great weekend and so great to have Denise, her husband Steve and Finian here. Finian is such a happy baby and he did great in our house. Hopefully Eli will have the same wonderful disposition. It was good for Belle too to have a baby around. Finian was her best friend as he shared his every meal with her!

Pictures from the day....

Sea creatures swimming in the punch.

Cupcake tree - look at the toppers!

Fun diaper cake from my friends Deirdre, Sheila & Dean.

Me & my wonderful Hostesses - (L to R) Patty, me, Amy, Denise.

Belle's new best friend - Finian sharing his food.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    Sounds like it was a blast. The cupcakes and cake look excellent.
    Willy

    ReplyDelete