Friday, July 6, 2007

Doctor's Appt No. 10

Today was my 10th doctor's appointment - the 32 weeker. I finally got to see my doctor (Dr. Campbell) - haven't seen him since my 1st appt in January due to seeing all the docs in the practice and then he was gone for a while. He was pleased with my weight gain (woo hoo - something I was worried about) and happy in general with how things have progressed. Eli's heartbeat was strong and I measured about 33.5 cm - about a week or so early. I actually lost a half pound in the past two weeks so it was good that I didn't have a major gain or anything. Doc said I should gain about half a pound a week from here on out. My blood pressure was good - 90 something over 60 something. It's also time to start fetal kick counts. I tried the other night after dinner but laying down on the couch after a meal only made me fall asleep!! Doc suggested I do it at lunch and that I do need to pay attention to his activity and call them if there is a noticeable decrease. The only other thing to come out of today is that I have to cut my walking. I can't walk as far at one time as I have been. My body has seemed to have issues lately when I walk more than a mile. So now, I just have to walk less at one time but I can walk twice daily. Belle will love the shorter walks!! Next appt in two weeks.

Tim & I start our childbirth classes tomorrow. We get to spend the next three Saturday afternoons learning how I'm going to give birth to our son. It's exciting and scary all at the same time. Maybe I'll have some good stuff to talk about on Sunday!

Tomorrow also starts the Tour de France - our FAVORITE time of the year. We'll have something to watch on tv for the next three weeks straight. Yippeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment