Sunday, February 22, 2015

Week Seven: 2/16-2/22

Phew.....what a week! We started this week with a forecast of Snow / Sleet / Freezing Rain (3" Sleet and Snow, 0.5-2" Glaze). Oh what fun....right?!

Monday (aka Snow Day #1), school let out 2-1/2 hours early in anticipation of winter weather. I picked the boys up but made them do a little school practice at home. Mean Mama. =)
 Cole's word book. He cut out letters to make spelling words and then wrote out each word. Whatever it takes to get him to practice. It actually turned out really well and I'm sure his teacher will be proud of him. 
 Saw this posted all over social media on Monday. Hilarious and oh so true!! 

Tuesday: School closed due to snow and ice. Snow Day #2. The boys had lots of fun sledding in our driveway and Ms. Amy's driveway. 
 So cute! 








 They had a lot of fun. And wanted hot chocolate when they came back inside. Of course! 

Wednesday: Snow Day #3
Thursday: Snow Day #4. Daddy took the boys to Launching Pad (trampoline park) to get some energy out and give me time to get some work done. It's not easy trying to work full time with the boys at home! Thursday night I had a dinner function that I had to go to and it was slippery out there! Once I got out of our neighborhood, it wasn't too bad but I was definitely nervous. I did have trouble getting back into our driveway though because of ice. I had to call Tim and have him direct me in from the window. 

Friday: Snow Day #5. 

Saturday: Cole went to his buddy Alex's birthday party and then we headed down to the farm. I really wanted to go home and check on my Dad since he had been in the hospital earlier in the week for a few days. Tim & I also planned to do some work projects that my Mom needed. Sunday morning, we insulated a water line that had frozen, caulked bathtubs / toilets and cleaned up. Trying to help out however we could. 
 Wanted to make sure this stubborn guy was taking care of himself. Able to snag his first "selfie" before church on Sunday and he was like "a what?". It was pretty funny. 
 A little country manual labor. Filling up Grandpa's inside wood box. 
 I remember having to do this and HATING it as a kid. These two have no idea how good they have it!
 When we got back on Sunday, Cole wanted a blue mohawk. Behold.....the BLUE Cole-Hawk!!

Meet Jackie Robinson....Eli had to do a book report and chose Jackie Robinson. #42, Brooklyn Dodgers. 1st African American to play baseball in the Major Leagues. Eli had fun learning about his and making his puppet. Fun trivia fact: Did you know his middle name is Roosevelt? Named after President Roosevelt. 

Next week.....forecast not looking too good. We may have several more Snow Days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment