Sunday, February 1, 2015

Week Four: 1/26-2/1

This week started off very frustrating but ended fun! 
 The frustrating......my sewing machine kept messing up as I tried to finish a chair pocket project. I was SOOOO beyond frustrated. Took it apart, watched videos on how to clean and lube it....nothing worked. 
 Watch out ladies! Cole wore this shirt to school Thursday. 

Funny story....apparently karate is helping with Cole's confidence. Thursday night I heard him challenge Eli - "You want a piece of me. Come on!" Brothers - what else is there to say? 
 Friday we made a quick trip to Target before belt testing to get Anna Kate (a little girl in Cole's class) a unicorn for Valentine's Day. Because Anna Kate likes unicorns....why else?! I think I've got a little Romeo on my hands. =)

Friday night, Cole had belt testing for his Yellow Belt. The kids have to perform the specific moves of the belt level they're testing in front of judges and all the parents. Cole did great....we were so proud of him! 


 Go Cole!! 
 Waiting his turn to do self defense moves. 

Friday night funny: We had a discussion about knock knock jokes and who said the first one. Well, come to find out the the "official" origin of the knock knock joke is unknown but is widely attributed to Shakespeare's MacBeth in 1606. That's right, over 400 YEARS of knock knock jokes! (Now you know. You're welcome!)

Saturday morning, we headed over to NC State to watch the State / Carolina swim meet. It was awesome! I've never seen so many people show up for a swim meet! Just the day before, State's men's team had made it into the Top 10 and it was the last meet of the season / Senior Day. It had all the energy of a Championship meet! The meet was a lot of fun and both State Men and Women WON! 
 Ready to go! 
 Cole's buddy Luke and his Mom, Allison joined us for the meet. Trying to share our love of swimming! 
 Even Ms. Wuf showed up!! 
 Pack Boys! 
 I absolutely LOVE this image from the Natatorium. I love the swimmer photos on the wall panels. Who am I kidding.....I love all things swimming! 
 These guys are REALLY fast. 
 The crowds. So much red and white. Go Pack!
 I love pictures of starts. 
 Backstroke start
 Mommy & Daddy 
Saturday night, Tim went shopping and procured a new sewing machine. I just could not get the other one to work correctly. This one is heavier duty than my old one. I decided to name her "Ruth" after my Grandmother. I love the idea of saying "I'm going to spend quality time with Ruth." 
Sunday morning after church...they are kinda cute. Guess I'll keep them. =) 
Tonight's the Super Bowl but I was SUPER excited to finish another chair pocket for Cole's school. 27 of them. I hope the kids like them!!
New & improved box bottom chair pocket. VERY happy with the design changes. 

Last funny for the night....tonight, Tim bet Eli a dollar that he couldn't sit still and be quiet for 10 minutes. He was running around crazy during the football game. Mr. Smarty Pants wanted to up the ante and asked what he'd get for 20 minutes. $2. Challenge accepted. Eli made it the full 20 minutes but as soon as time was up, he was crazy boy wrestling and fooling around with Cole. Just a temporary pit stop to make a few dollars!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment