Sunday, January 25, 2015

Week Three: 1/19-1/25

This week started off with the MLK Holiday and a few days off school for the boys. Monday was MLK, the boys went to the Y for the day and I also had the day off. I am still recovering from Saturday's run so taking it easy. I did go for a swim, only 1000 yards, but I didn't drown. My legs are still tired and I'm pretty depleted but it was good to get moving. Monday night, Cole built his own T-Rex from the inside-out. He named him "File". 

File's inside
Cole and File

Tuesday was also a Y day for the boys. And I made the heart breaking decision to withdraw from Uwharrie. I was hoping to give my spot away but I couldn't do that so I had to just pull out. =( I also ended up losing money on my hotel room because "why would I need to reserve a refundable room. I'm doing this race." And now I'm not. It's definitely the right decision, just not a fun one. But it's probably more fun than being miserable for 20 miles on a trail in the middle of no where. Maybe common sense prevailed instead of my stubbornness. Tuesday night we were also witness to Cole counting to ten in Korean. Super cool - we had no idea he could!! 

Thursday, as I wrote in the previous post, was when my Grandma S passed away. That was not the ideal start to my day. Sudden but not entirely unexpected. Grandma was 86, she had lived a great life. Cole is taking his Yellow Belt test for karate next week and had to write an essay on respect. 

Cole's essay on respect. 

Friday was an exciting day for Eli. He was in his School's spelling bee! The spelling bee was in the High School Auditorium. I was quite impressed with all of the kids on the stage. 
Can't spell game without me.....how appropriate for a spelling bee!!



Eli's first word was "power"
His second word was "full fledged" but he spelled it "fun fledge". Great job buddy!!! All of the kids did great spelling in front of a crowd. 
Grandpa's goodbye. I wrote a separate post on Grandma's funeral but there will always be special memories for me of these last few moments. 

Saturday night, we went back to Mom's and had an early bedtime. It was so needed. We were all exhausted. Sunday we went to Jeff and Erin's and the boys got to play with the Ks. It was a fun few hours and then we headed home. 

A very busy and emotional week. This grown up stuff is hard!!
 Dinner on the go
without the mess. 

No comments:

Post a Comment