Sunday, January 11, 2015

Week One Plus: 1/2-1/11

Calling this "Week One Plus" since it's really New Year's through the first full week of 2015. We enjoyed our New Year's Holiday and some down time at home. The boys watched / played a lot of football New Year's Weekend. We watched the Panthers game Sunday and Eli loves to give me the play-by-play, tell me who the players are and with Cole, provide live action slow-mo replays in the living room. Love my football-loving boys!!
 Headed to school Monday in their Panthers gear. 

Tuesday I was part of a presentation team for work. It went great and we're excited about getting some new work. It was probably one of the best, if not THE best, presentation I've been a part of. Fun stuff!! Then Tuesday night, Cole had karate - ninja boy. =) 

 It has been really cold here so I thought I'd get a run in Wednesday night when it was 30 degrees instead of the next morning at 13 degrees. Well.....it didn't go well. I lost a fight with a pine cone. I didn't see it and when my left foot hit it, I went down.....hard....very hard. So hard that a car stopped and asked me if I needed a ride home. Yep, kinda embarrassing but even more just painful. I walked the mile or so home thinking it would help. It did. Then I went to the grocery store...kept moving. But when I woke up Thursday morning. Oh my. Very painful, swollen and bruised. Not looking good for the trail half-marathon I have in 10 days. But I went into some serious injury therapy with ice and keeping it elevated in hopes of keeping my 2015 running goals alive. 
Pre-Run selfie. 

Friday I managed a shopping trip to Target - alone!! I called it my "Mom Mini-Vacation at the Target Resort." It's a tight race between them and Harris Teeter for who gets the most of our money. =) 

Saturday was a busy day. Eli went to his buddy Fisher's birthday party at The Launching Pad, the Panthers lost and we had family movie night. We watched 'Mr. Peabody and Sherman' - the new version - and it was very good. I was surprised at how many of the historical references Eli got. We'll definitely be watching it again and I'm SURE I will hear "Smell my Victory" over and over. 

 Trampoline hoops practice
 Eli and Fisher - silly boys. They were in Kindergarten together and still see each other / play at school.

Sunday after church, we went on a journey to find me a brace to wear on my ankle - still hoping to salvage next week's race. I had asked my friend Cary about what to get and I ended up finding what I called a corset and wrap brace - it laces up and then has a velcro wrap piece. It's very stable and my ankle feels "safe" in it. This afternoon Eli & I watched the State / Duke basketball game. It was AWESOME!! State beat Duke and it was fun to watch it with him and cheer. Eli kept running to the garage to tell Tim the score. I also talked with him about going to the State/Duke game when I was in college and sitting on the front row behind the Duke bench. He loved hearing that you get to go free as a student - perks! 
My crazy ankle brace

No comments:

Post a Comment