Sunday, February 15, 2015

Week Six: 2/9-2/15

 Monday morning....how we all felt. Doodle went back to bed on a rainy day. 

Also on Monday, I was strongly advised by my chiropractor (who has been helping me with my ankle) NOT to run the marathon in March. All of my runs lately have been horrible and because I've been favoring my ankle, I'm having calf / tendon issues. Working with massage therapist but there just is not enough time for me to be ready for the marathon. Part relief, a lot bummed. The decision is made. 
Happy Wednesday - waking up to a brand new big box of CRAYONS!! 
 Cole's dinosaur mailbox to receive valentines. 
 We got a note from school that the kids needed to make a bag / mailbox / whatever to receive valentines in class. Cole, of course, wanted a dinosaur. Mommy had to deliver. A shoebox, styrofoam circle, paper and blue foam later....we have the coolest dinosaur mailbox ever. He was sooooo happy with it. And apparently, it was the biggest one in class. Have glue gun, will create! 
 Friday I was in Charlotte for work and went by to see my Grandpa. It was good to see him and talk without the boys running around. I loved hearing stories about fun stuff he did as a kid and a newlywed. I was also able to get him to take his first selfie! I hate the quality isn't better but it's an awesome shot! Love my Grandpa. 

Saturday was Valentine's Day. All the more fun to celebrate a holiday on a weekend! Tim & I aren't super duper "schmoopie" people but I do love making it special for the boys. Our day was filled with surprises (some good, some bad - finished up taxes, BOO!) and we had a lot of fun. The boys woke up to Valentine's Day presents then Daddy took them to get donuts. It was a windy day so we stayed indoors and they got a good bit of TV time. I made pot roast for dinner and we watched 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory' for family movie night. That was the first time I've watched it all the way through. We watched the old classic one and some parts were kinda creepy but it was a fun movie. The boys loved it. 
 Goodies for the boys


 Book of dinosaurs! 
 Dinosaur gummy treats for our dinosaur loving boy
 Hilarious HUGE eraser
 The boys also love Tom & Jerry. We're mostly a classic cartoon kind of family. Some of the new cartoons for kids are quite questionable. 
 What a haul! 
Mr. Football
The boys picked out donuts for all of us. Cole took a bite of his before I could get a picture. I took one bite of mine and then shared it, I'm pretty sure the boys knew that would happen and picked accordingly. Sneaky Sneaky!
 They also stopped with Daddy to get me some flowers. 
 Cole told Daddy that I needed flowers and chocolate. I told you that he's Mr. Romeo! He knows the way to a girl's heart, at least his Momma's! 
 My little Valentines. 
Daddy's favorite for Valentines Day - Pot Roast. Yum!

Today was a fun family day. We started with church, had some pool time at the Y (the boys' favorite!) and then ended with science experiments. These boys sure keep us busy!! 
 Cole won this really awesome handmade bowl from Haiti at church. He was apparently the first to raise his hand and answer the colors of the Haiti flag. I love it and it has found a home on my dresser! 
 1st science experiment - geodes. 
 2nd experiment.....their faces were hilarious. We tried making molds of their hands. Being still so the molds could set up was quite the challenge for these two! It didn't work as well as we had expected/hoped but it was still fun to do! 



Doesn't he look thrilled?

No comments:

Post a Comment