Sunday, March 1, 2015

Week Eight: 2/23-3/1

Another week filled with Snow Days! 

Monday: The boys went back to school. It ended up being the only day of school this week. 

Tuesday: Snow Day #5. The boys and I took a trip to my office because I was not prepared for the weather and needed to grab a few things to work on. It ended up being an semi-slippery drive and made me VERY thankful to just stay home. 

Wednesday: Snow Day #6. Last week I was really good about doing school stuff every day with the boys. This week.....pretty open to letting them watch tv. ;-) We played with the Webbs today and then had afternoon excitement when the crew came to bore under our driveway for a new waterline. We noticed that for the past few months our water bill was crazy high but could not figure out why. Then Tim noticed that we had water running beside our driveway. Turns out, the line is broken under the driveway, or at least near it. The line does run under the driveway so we were waiting for weather to clear to get it done. The running water has not been good with the weather as we've been creating our own ice rink at the bottom of our driveway. Anyway, the crew asked if they could bore under the driveway to get the line in....at no extra charge. Of course you can!! They got the line bored and then the pipe crew came. All was well and good, got the new line in until.......the very very end. They cut the AT&T line to our house. I was working on line and then all of a sudden, I couldn't access my work site. I started asking questions and they figured out they cut the line. NOOOOOO!! I told Tim that they had to figure something out because we were about to get another snowstorm and I couldn't handle the boys for multiple days inside with no tv or internet. And I needed to get some work stuff finished. Thankfully a neighbor works for AT&T and helped do a temporary splice. Mommy melt-down averted. 
 Time for some pre-snowstorm fun!
 Eli & Cole sat at the window with popcorn watching the show. Fun stuff!!
 And this was the scene just a few hours after they finished. Seriously!

Thursday: Snow Day #7. Home again....played with the Webbs. Good fun! We walked around the neighborhood checking our the scenery and played outside for a while.

 Thankfully this branch just missed Daddy's truck.

 House looks so pretty in the snow.

 This was pretty. Eli shook the tree limb and snow fell all over both of them.


 Mr. Cute and his rosy cheeks.
 So pretty.





 Sledding at the Webbs








 So much fun. They've got a great hill, I even had to get in on the action!


 Do you want to build a snowman?????




 Eli's the Muscle of the group
Friday: Snow Day #8. Number EIGHT of the past 10 school days. We played with the Webbs more, Tim took the boys to the Y to swim while I ran to my office to do a little work. I was thrilled when I got the mail that afternoon and my 1/2 Trail Marathon Medal came.
My Facebook post from that day: Look what I got today!!
The great folks at Charlotte Running Company ordered additional medals and mailed them to those of us who didn't get one at the Trail Half Marathon in January. (I think some folks in shorter distances picked them up so they ran out of medals.) I'm very excited b/c after getting hurt this might be the only one I earn this year!

Saturday: Not a school day but a messy day. I was supposed to have a PT appointment at 12:30 but still couldn't get out of our driveway so ended up missing it. =(  There were lots of weather warnings and even church was cancelled for Sunday!

Sunday: still cold, rainy and icy. Church was cancelled. We were able to get out later in the day for swim fun time at the Y. I also discovered today that you can look up Lego instruction manuals online, save them in iBooks and use the iPad. Who knew?! Ok, I'm sure a lot of people knew but I didn't and it was a cool discovery. The boys thought so too and had fun building Legos. 

We have our fingers crossed hoping for a regular week of school ahead. 

Don't you have a Matchbox Shark Ship for when you go swim? 

No comments:

Post a Comment