Sunday, March 15, 2015

Week Ten: 3/9-3/15

This week, thankfully, was a fairly calm week. We had our normal karate/swim activities and school. It was also Serve Week through our Church. I was able to serve breakfast at a Soup Kitchen early one morning and then Eli & I did seed packing for GAIN Ministries on Saturday. We also went shopping for food pantry donations. Love sharing service opportunities with the boys. 

 Tuesday, Eli ran to Harris Teeter with me to pick up a few things. He actually found this OCTOPUS packaged in the seafood department. Does not look tasty to me. =) 

Wednesday night, the boys had swim lessons. Eli's instructor challenged them to swim a bunch of "laps" - it's a shorter course at lessons. He did awesome and swam 44. Apparently more than anyone else has done. We've definitely got a little fish on our hands! 
 Friday, I went ahead and picked up my race package for the Tobacco Road Marathon. Must admit I was emotionally conflicted. I was disappointed to not be able to run the marathon this weekend. But in many ways, I was also relieved. God has a plan and apparently a marathon was not in it for this year. 
 Saturday = 3/14/15 = Pi Day. Love this Pi display of Carolina Panthers jerseys. 
 Seed packing on Saturday. It was so cool to hear how much people's lives can be impacted with seeds. They are able to grow their own food but also able to grow food to sell / trade and fill other needs for their families. 
Food pantry shopping. This was a little dangerous with each boy having a cart. They got a little crazy at times but did really well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment